Its not all fun and games.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Found a 1907 V Nickle today, also wanted to share some behind the scenes images. :wink:
We see the great finds, but rarely see the 90% of trash. The blue bin and clear bin with the pull tabs is what I have dug this month and will be turning into my club tomorrow. Each month our members turn in our scrap metal and a designated member redeems it. We put the money in the treasury. Iv'e had the last two weeks off so have been detecting 5 days a week. The other images are clad I have collected for the last 7 months, my sorting table, keys, iron, bullets etc... I'm sure you can all identify with this. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 855
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Garabaldi

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
WhiteHunter said:
do you scrap the shells aswelll :crybaby2:
I have never thrown a shell away. I am now going to post some of them seeing how two of you have meantioned them. I have a bunch of live rounds also. I have a silver looking shell also. I will look for the brass shotgun shell also.
Breezie said:
Cooooool post, plus a great way to clean-up as well as make some $$$. Be sure to grap that harmonica blade and those pocket knives before you throw them out. Breezie
What is a harmonica blade Breezie?
Rusted_Iron said:
Thanks for showing the pic. Some newbies will benefit from the realization that there is a huge amount of work involved in finding something good.

I have a question, though. When you turn in scrap metal for recycling, how well does it have to be sorted? Does all the dirt have to be washed out of the aluminum cans?

I have a couple bags of scrap that are all mixed together, very hard to identify by type. It seems sorting it would be a huge amount of work, but I don't want to throw it away.
I am not sure if it needs to be cleaned ad how it all works. I just turn them in.
I brought up donating the pull tabs to the RMH and it was a big hit. It is an official tradition now. One member said he will deliver all pull tabs to help fund the RMH for family members of there children who are being treated for cancer. Great suggestion "WHYNOT" :notworthy: :hello2: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Garabaldi

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Rusted_Iron said:
Thanks for showing the pic. Some newbies will benefit from the realization that there is a huge amount of work involved in finding something good.

I have a question, though. When you turn in scrap metal for recycling, how well does it have to be sorted? Does all the dirt have to be washed out of the aluminum cans?

I have a couple bags of scrap that are all mixed together, very hard to identify by type. It seems sorting it would be a huge amount of work, but I don't want to throw it away.

I believe you do have to sort the metals. I would assume if its a type of metal that is paid by wieght, you would have to get the dirt off. I know they take iron, but do not give money for. Copper obvious gets a lot of money. As far as cans, they may give 5 cents, so dirt may not matter. I am sure there is work needed before passing it all in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions