Chevrolet Royal Mail

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
I went metal detecting across the street today and found a nice old 1925 Vermont License plate.? It was pretty rusted but you could still see some of the color.? I got home and had to rototill up an area of the yard under the high drive on our barn and put in some grass seed.? As I was raking, I found this 3 inch long metal plate with holes in each corner which would attach it to something.? I threw it in my pocket and finished working on the lawn.? When I got in side I cleaned it up.? It said, Chevrolet Motor Company, Royal Mail, Flint Michigan, USA.
With a little research I found that this was from an early Roadster called the Royal Mail which was made from 1914 to about 1920.? The funny thing is I didn't find it with the detector, but with a rake.....Lance

I've added a picture of the 1914 Chevrolet Royal Mail Roadster...

Upvote 0
C

Charles,Oak Island

it's still a great find no matter how you did it.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice finds,,,, You may want to check on that License Plate...
It still looks to be in pretty good condition to me... I recently found a 1913 Indiana Plate.
Didn't think it would be worth much,considering the condition, But several collectors tell me it's in good condition for the year,&
worth about $100. It was the first year Indiana ever issued plates & the only year it was coated with porcelin insted of paint...

I found the info on my plate at:http://www.platetrading.com/
I just tried the link, & it did not work,,, not sure if it was their server or what,, but it should be there...
Happy HUnting!

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
I did a search and found a link to this site:

http://www.licenseplates.cc/

There is a little blirp from the classifieds or forums right on the front page from someone specifically looking for VT plates.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread