Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the main battle line today from 1794? and when I got there I saw the dreaded none filled holes from a past detectorist. Lots of area to cover but most of it was planted. I found two minnies and a unreadable 1pfenning. and decided that this area was already well hunted? . Another detectorest told me where the main battle was and he has hunted it for years. I wish I would have brought my camera.There is a tower that was built after? the battle as a memorial to the fallen troops. I was told that Napoleon and his grand army made a trip there for some type of memorial service around 1812. The battle was right before Napoleon came on the scene.This would explane the button I found last week.The regiment(136) was not in existence in 1794. I will make a trip out and get some pics of the tower. I moved to another location and found four more musket balls and another 1 pfenning that is dated 1894. I dug a real neat token but the past owner drilled a hole through it.Still a neat find though.The token says " cantine wohlgelegen" On the back it has 10 with F.S.? Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• holed token.jpg
    holed token.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 221
  • holed token 2.jpg
    holed token 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Jan07$03 resized.jpg
    Jan07$03 resized.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 200
  • minniesjan706 resized.jpg
    minniesjan706 resized.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A canteen token!? Looks like it might be from the World War I period, perhaps?? It's possible the hole was punched in it after it was redeemed, as a sort of cancellation, maybe?

Looks like you found an artillery fuse there, too?

That lead seal looks really old. What's it say? "V III"?

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, the token is excellent! I'm sure "wohlgelegen" means token in German. HH, Mike

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It sure looks like you've located the right spots to hunt.

MAN I ENVY YOU! :o

WOW!

I really wish you could get more pictures but then I realize there's only so much you can carry. I have the same thing going myself. After I dropped my $500 camera a couple times I stopped carrying it. I need to make a special carrying case for it.

How long will you be stationed there? Just curious.

HH

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Bird,

nice artifacts. History sure is a wonderful thing; and it sounds like your in an excellent location.

have a good un...........

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Birdman strikes again.....Nice finds...You have a historic site to hunt ...You knoq thw finds will be nice.....Keep posting..........Seeker ;)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bird!!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

;)

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zeb,I have about a year left here. I have a baby coming next month so hunting time is gonna get even more hard to come by but looking forward to the baby. Lordmarcovan,the lead seal says,W/M and the other side it has numbers that I can't see to well. These seals are fairly common. They were used on common market goods. Telling the weight and product.They had a twist tie wire attached . I am not sure how old they are. HH

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Great token!

And great news - The second baby? Or the third?? It is really hard :D

HH

Sand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread