TENNESSEE OLD LOG HOME FINDS

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
;D Searched my sisters farm today the family used to live in the log house is out in the country . has lots of log out barns searched around them today no coins had to cut briars from around the whole place just to get close to the old house . There is also a cemetary out beside the old barn it was so covered up by briars had to use a machete to cut my way in. There was man and woman buried there it was their old home place . It says he died may of 1900 and she died June 1914 only 2 people there also way back on the hill deep in the woods there was a old slave cemetary just has a few old field stones stacked up and is on a platt map tried searching around the house and barn lots of old nails and pop tops since it has been used as a hay storage for a long time i found the toy gun and door lock also beside the chimney I kept finding long spikes about 3/4 inch thick and abgout 9 inchs long looked like big nails then I remembered what they were they were, spikes that went into a harrow or drag for raking a plowed field. found the toy gun around the chimney too and the lock out back . I have keys that actually fit the lock and it works !

Upvote 0

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you found yourself a nice place to metal detect! ?I recently moved from TN...I found lots of CW relics down around Savannah and Clifton. ?I would go over a place like that with a fine tooth comb! ?GOOD LUCK!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story Diggit! Sounds like lots more good stuff to be found there!

Congrats on your finds! Keep us updated!

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread