Finds from Yesterdays Hunt

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Finds from Yesterday's Hunt

KKC got out yesterday to an old standby site. It was the site where we got four Colonial coppers, a Draped Bust cent, the banner 1794 Liberty Cap cent, and 1847 Braided Hair cent over a month ago. I found this 1945 Walker half in the area where we dug the coppers.

I also found a flattened lead piece, which I believe could be a Colonial poker chip. I think I remember someone posting a similar one before. I wouldn't doubt it if there was gambling going on at this Colonial-vanished dwelling. I did find a barrel tap key there last time, so you know he and his buds knew how to have fun...Colonially-speaking. :laughing9:

Walker Half 003.JPG

Walker Half 002.JPG

Attachments

• Walker Half 003.JPG
    Walker Half 003.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Walker Half 002.JPG
    Walker Half 002.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,505
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Iron Patch, I joined your "it-should-have-been-a-four-reales" club

KylePA said:
Buckle Elf said:
If you're gonna find new silver, a half dollar is a good one. :)

At least you got out. I was in doors because of the freezing rain. :-[

Cheers,

Buck

That is what I thought after finding it and during the drive home. This is only my third silver half, and two of them were found this year.

I see you getting out quite a few times this January and February, Buck. I wouldn't worry about today's freezing rain too much. I hope you get your 20th!!

I only have 3 silver halves--but 2 of them are Seated so I figure that's good. It's a great thing to find two silver halves in a year.

Losing hope on the 20th happening in 2009. Weather looks like crap for the forseeable future.

Cheers,

Buck

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kyle my friend, good find either way! :icon_thumleft: :wink: Hey Silver is Silver is Silver.....I know we'd rather look in the hole and see a Reale but hey that is a NICE Walking Liberty bud :wink: Besides, like you said, this is only your third, while you have several coppers already :icon_thumright:

P.S. Where's your brother been hiding?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
Stick it in Kirk's Christmas stocking. :wink:

...and wack it with him 25-life style! ;D

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

plehbah said:
It is not worth drinking over.

Call me on your satellite phone if you need someone to talk to.

Not this one in particular, but I love reading Plebah's irreverant interjections.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

plehbah said:
You may not appreciate it now, but when you are old like me, and life has broken you and torn your spirit and psyche to shreds, you will look back on all of your finds and remember them and the circumstances surrounding the recovery fondly.

This could happen while you are running or horseback riding or swimming.....
Well said ,plehbah :thumbsup: cheerup Kyle ,when you look back someday ,perhaps it will be a great find

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...

:smileinbox:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg said:
plehbah said:
You may not appreciate it now, but when you are old like me, and life has broken you and torn your spirit and psyche to shreds, you will look back on all of your finds and remember them and the circumstances surrounding the recovery fondly.

Well said ,plehbah :thumbsup: cheerup Kyle ,when you look back someday ,perhaps it will be a great find

It will never be a great find, but will be one to remember and good for a laugh.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After you have raped and pillaged the PA soil of its coppers for 50 years, and there's nothing left to find but some crusty clad, you will keep that Walking Liberty Half on your bedside table, so that you can grope for it with a sweaty, clammy hand after waking up from a metal detecting nightmare. Or perhaps you will put it in a bezel and hang it around your neck so that you can tell the new generation of detectorists that you dug it in the Good Old Days, back when there was silver to be found, while you were walking barefoot five miles to school through the snow. The young detectorists will search you out as an "Old Timer" to get leads about new places to find clad, and you will tell them that you have already hunted all of the places that are any good, while you twitch nervously and fondle the half dollar in its shiny silver bezel.

U

umrgolf

Buckle Elf said:
After you have raped and pillaged the PA soil of its coppers for 50 years, and there's nothing left to find but some crusty clad, you will keep that Walking Liberty Half on your bedside table, so that you can grope for it with a sweaty, clamy hand after waking up from a nightmare. Or perhaps you will put it in a bezel and hang it around your neck so that you can tell the new generation of detectorists that you dug it in the Good Old Days, back when there was silver to be found, while you were walking barefoot five miles to school through the snow. The young detectorists will search you out as an "Old Timer" to get leads about new places to find clad, and you will tell them that you have already hunted all of the places that are any good, while you twitch nervously and thumb the half dollar in its shiny silver bezel.

:laughing9: :hello2: Very plebahesque

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008

ya what he said ;D willy

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

One good thing about it, that if your still hitting half dollar readings than a four reale still maybe waiting for your coil to pass over it.
Congrats on the Half and glad you got that one in it's place of History, now the next Silver will be without a reeded edge :thumbsup:.

Bill

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Argentium said:
Kyle , that Walker is such a humiliating disgrace of a find - I think the only path to redemption,
is for you to send it to me , you will of course pay for shipping - Argentium.
That's funny

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
plehbah said:

It will never be a great find, but will be one to remember and good for a laugh.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks so. If most of these people would swing a Colonial site, IP, they would understand why you and I don't smile over a dug Walker half on a strictly Colonial site. :thumbsup: When I told Kirk in the field, he laughed and walked away. :dontknow:

To the people who think I don't want the half, you are in the wrong. It is now happily sleeping with my other post-1900 silvers in a small altoid container. :laughing9:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2000 said:
Buckle Elf said:
After you have raped and pillaged the PA soil of its coppers for 50 years, and there's nothing left to find but some crusty clad, you will keep that Walking Liberty Half on your bedside table, so that you can grope for it with a sweaty, clamy hand after waking up from a nightmare. Or perhaps you will put it in a bezel and hang it around your neck so that you can tell the new generation of detectorists that you dug it in the Good Old Days, back when there was silver to be found, while you were walking barefoot five miles to school through the snow. The young detectorists will search you out as an "Old Timer" to get leads about new places to find clad, and you will tell them that you have already hunted all of the places that are any good, while you twitch nervously and thumb the half dollar in its shiny silver bezel.

:laughing9: :hello2: Very plebahesque

I'm working on it. ;D

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know how you feel maybe a hunter lost it. My best site was abandoned in the 1880's no modern anything shows up except hunters casings. It is probably filled with snow now :'(

Attachments

• cellar hole of nails.jpg
    cellar hole of nails.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 990
    cellar hole of nails.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 984
    cellar hole of nails.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 985
U

umrgolf

I'm pretty sure most of these people do "swing colonial sites" and have hundreds of woulda/coulda/shoulda's .. E.g. Last week on my 'strictly colonial' site I thought for sure I had a flowing hair halfdime that turned out to be a zincoln

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH You should have just lied about it, said your camera was on the blink....and told us that you
found a 4-reale.......realelllly!! :laughing7:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Buckle Elf said:
After you have raped and pillaged the PA soil of its coppers for 50 years, and there's nothing left to find but some crusty clad, you will keep that Walking Liberty Half on your bedside table, so that you can grope for it with a sweaty, clammy hand after waking up from a nightmare. Or perhaps you will put it in a bezel and hang it around your neck so that you can tell the new generation of detectorists that you dug it in the Good Old Days, back when there was silver to be found, while you were walking barefoot five miles to school through the snow. The young detectorists will search you out as an "Old Timer" to get leads about new places to find clad, and you will tell them that you have already hunted all of the places that are any good, while you twitch nervously and thumb the half dollar in its shiny silver bezel.

Hilarious BB. :occasion14:
I could actually picture that in my mind while you told the story.
Now that was a good one.
-MM-

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Buckle Elf said:
After you have raped and pillaged the PA soil of its coppers for 50 years, and there's nothing left to find but some crusty clad, you will keep that Walking Liberty Half on your bedside table, so that you can grope for it with a sweaty, clammy hand after waking up from a nightmare. Or perhaps you will put it in a bezel and hang it around your neck so that you can tell the new generation of detectorists that you dug it in the Good Old Days, back when there was silver to be found, while you were walking barefoot five miles to school through the snow. The young detectorists will search you out as an "Old Timer" to get leads about new places to find clad, and you will tell them that you have already hunted all of the places that are any good, while you twitch nervously and thumb the half dollar in its shiny silver bezel.

Buck, I doubt we will ever hunt out one county let alone all of PA. :laughing7: There will be plenty of coppers to be found by KylePA Jr. and KylePA III at Colonial-vanished sites many years from now. :laughing9:

jfx55

Apr 13, 2006
new jersey/pa/bucks county
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
fisher1266-x whites 6000 pro whites 5900 di pro/nautlis 2b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice coin. good end of the season find. i love them all from my 1793 chain-cent to a 1955 silver dime. 23years of metal detecting has taught me never look a gift horse in the mouth. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread