GOLD - PEARLES- AND GOLD RINGS

T

tallpaul

OK, heres my best finds from my Florida trip, after hunting where my friend found the gold bars and finding nothing as i guess he got all the bars, my esteme went down a little, i went back to the villa and visited places local, thinking strongley about what i was going to do, then i thought right tommorrow iam out and iam stickin at it, i went to a place just south of cocoa (nothing there eccept small money), i went to the north of cocoa nothing found again eccept small money and a silver chain, i went back to the main site and studied the area, whilst searchin, i went further out of the area by about 300 yards or more when i get a nice signal saying gold, holy heck is this the one, i dident have to dig far only a couple of inches and yes gold coins as seen in pic my heart was pounding, i had to sit down and get myself together for a minute, wow four gold coins also i noticed a little ball with the coins i rubbed some stuck sand of it and looked closely is this a pearl yep looks like it, i scooped the sand and fond another 3 wow 4 coins and 4 pearls, it was at that moment i thought hey theres more here, i took my detector and searched avid for the next 2 hours there was nothing else, i couldent stop looking at the coins all the way back to the villa, till i nearly totalled the van, at that point i put them away, when i got back to the villa i rinsed the coins and pearls and just stood there gazing at them,, when i finely put them away i sat down with a stiff jack daniels, thinking wow i got the gold not bars but just as good,, where do i go tommorrow,, daytona i thought,, so next day arrives i hit daytona wow great day its 80 and plenty of people there two, theres another detectorist on the beach in the shallow so i leave that to him and head of up the middle where there was a huge basin where when the tide comes in this is quite deep, gold signal yep a nice gold ring 10k with a silver eagle mounted centre, nice in my pocket that goes, i carry on for about an hour more just small money,, i head back and meet up with the other detectorist we talk and tell of what we,ve had in the past and where we have been, very nice chap,, he was from daytona. so if you found your way here john hi there, look forward to chattin again,, after we talked we both carried on me in the other direction, where i found a nice gold bracelet only slim though and guess what i lost it again he he yep i couldent believe it, dont know how but i did,, after that i gave up for the day, and dident detect then for a few days, till i went back to daytona and found the last ring a nice 14k with a black stone in and some kind of silver and stone work around it lovely ring,, and those where my best finds what you see in the pic, eccept the missing bracelet i lost,, i will deffinatley be going back in the future as there is deffinately more riches in florida its just finding them thats the game though,, hope you all enjoy the pics and had a great xmass,, keep hunting Paul.

Attachments

• 2006_0110florida0012.JPG
    2006_0110florida0012.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 2006_0110florida0013.JPG
    2006_0110florida0013.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,175
Upvote 0

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul, outstanding find! don't forget to stop by my house and pay the colonies shipwreck tax before you head back to the UK. LOL
Also, I would be very interested in seeing more info on the coins, Date and Mint mark etc. To my knowledge this is the first find of this kind at Cocoa Beach, and could a very significant find considering the location. If you can email or post more detailed photos of both the obverse and reverse of the coins, I will be able to tell you more about the coins and possibly the ship they came from.

Q

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find - I can imagine TDs shoulder to shoulder down there this weekend ;D

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

hi gabbit, the coins wiegh arround 38.7g all told,, as for the marks iam still working on them, i know the assayers marks there are om,s and sp,s as for the dates we think possibly 1713 ish but iam having them looked at and checked out,they are gold Escudos also known as doubloons, the large coin is possibly worth around $4000, ?2200, ish maybe more once its dated and sorted,, they could have come from any ship i guess as loads went down i just dont know,, although wreckdiver may be able to help with that one,, so hey wreckdiver hope your fine buddy, i'll get you closer pics sorted out and you can take a good study for me, maybe knowing the ship would be great and the history of it, there is a om mark on the largest coin and s and p,s on the others,, hey sorry about the tax i completley forgot with excitment he he!!!,, another thing i think of now is that these coins and pearls must have been taken and hidden maybe, also they where very shallow only a couple of inches literally in the top sand, i may of missed a couple of pearls mind, but hey i guess there,ll be plenty of people there now so hey if i missed a pearl its ok LOL,,. thanks for lookin great people, HH paul.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hey TallPaul, Glad you had a good time here in Florida. Hope you can come back and have as good a time on your next trip!!...Aquanut

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
YOU SURE HIT THE JACKPOT....lucky you...
What detector did you use?
Did you find them at the foot of a sand dune ?...Or close to the water?

CONGRATULATIONS....Finds of a lifetime.... :o

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Congrats again -- going to Ireland here in a few months myself for vacation -- would be nice to make out 1/2 as good as you did. Nothing like a free vacation. Think you will end up selling them?

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

hi all,,, ive been using a minelab x terra 50,,

hey gabbit i may just sell them wondering if our museum may wish to aquire them,, then i get the cash and still get to look at them he he!!!!!, i got an expert taken alook at them, so i'll be back with the details on them as soon as i get them,,, although iam going to do some closer pics for wreckdiver so he can take alook and maybe tell me more,,

R

rvbvetter

WOW!!! Makes me want to go to the US for vacation next year. And I already live here.
Looks like next stop, the cover of Western & Eastern Treasures. Hope you submit it. WTG!!! HH

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
good times -- think I would do the same -- although neat to own I would probably rather have the extra cash to buy a new toy or two. Although I think I will have to ban you from detecting in my state!! ;D ; :o

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
MAN!!! i would have passed out and drifted out to sea if i had that in my scoop! outstanding stuff!!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some impressive finds, agreeing with some of the other comments above I have never heard of such a find at cocoa beach . I have hunted there many times and to pull out pearls with coins is pretty remarkable. were they in a box or something. Also those coins are in great condition ,allmost look XF....Do you know the dates of the coins? that should be no problem because of the quality and condition!!! Keep posting.... Seeker

G

gab755

paul please give us an update i live about 2 hrs away from there just give us a little bit of info or at least an update gab755

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
tallpaul, I just noticed this post. Grear finds! Is there an update? Have they been ID'ed yet?

M

m.robins

what an amazing find, such beautiful coins.
i wonder what stories they could tell
congrats. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread