First post! Found FIRST coin with ACE 250!

zaweiss

Nov 14, 2006
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
:headbang:

My wife bought me an ACE 250 for Christmas......

I couldn't wait to try it out, so I took it outside about 30 minutes before dark in windy 25 degree weather! I dug 3 targets, 2 were junk and 1 was a coin!

My house was built in 1909 and there's been alot of history in the area, so I was extremely excited when I saw the coin....it turns out that it was a 1959 Lincoln Cent. Not bad!

I am going to have to learn this detector......it's a little tricky at first...different tones.

Anyways, thanks for readin' guys, I hope I can post some nice finds here in the coming months!

-Zach

Upvote 0

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Have fun, and make sure you tell her the machine is already paying for itself ( it will help when you wanna get out of the house) ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a year earlier you would have had your first wheat cent

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net !! I hope you make many many more posts ! MaineRelic.

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have an Ace 250, welcome to the exciting world of Metal Detecting. It can be quite addictive. Always looking for places to detect, wondering if something is really under the ground your looking at. Best of luck to you and happy hunting. The Ace is an easy machine to learn, but you will always be learning something each time you go out. Have fun.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new detector and finds. You will get to where you live for those various tones-saves looking at the screen all the time.

Good Hunting
Merry Christmas and Happy Detecting in 2010

SKD/Ohio

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on your first coin. Keep us posted on all your finds.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I read about a first day out it brings me right back to mine about 10 years ago. I found a few pennies and a toy tank. It also makes me think of the first day I found some much older stuff, which happened a few weeks later. That hooked me for good.

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Way to go. Your on your way to having the time of your life. :icon_sunny:
Yep. You will find with practice what tone if for what. A way to do this is if you have a wooden table, lay your detector on it. Make sure there is no other metal around the coil, also make sure you don't have any rings or watch on the hand your using. Take coins, pull tabs, nail, screws and other odd metal, wave them in front of the detector about and inch or so away and listen to the tones they make. Be sure to do a soda or beer can too. You'll find pieces or whole ones of those.
Now the time to get on here and do some research of your town. Map out the parks and schools for starters, and look for those old two story houses that look like they been there since the town started. '
Pretty much close to down town.
HH
KNightwalker

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Congratulations on the first coin you will always remember it. I have an Ace 250 as well got it last July and once you learn a bit more about it you will start finding a lot. I have found over 600 coins in the 5 months I have had it. Check Ron's postings aka Crazyjarhead. He uses a 250 and has made fantastic finds with it. Keep it up and keep posting looking forward to seeing your finds.

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
I'd turn your ace up to six in sensitivity. I didn't do it at first, but Crazyjarhead told me to and I got used to it and found some good stuff pretty quick. With it turned that high you get better depth. If you get a good tone that is deep and is bouncing around that's a good thing. At first I thought those signals were trash, but later learned that it was a deep target and the machine had trouble figuring out what it was. Like Acehunter said the ace is very easy to learn. Hope that helps you out.

Imnengr

Oct 31, 2009
Chicago Area
Detector(s) used
E-trac, X-terra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Congratulations and welcome to T-Net! I also have an Ace 250, and it is a coin HOG. Some things I have learned that help a lot: 1) Learn how to "detune" when you pinpoint (see videos on YouTube); 2) gold rings can fall under the "ring" part of the pull tab or further left, so don't skip those tones!; 3) dig everything until you get used to the i.d.'s...and then you STILL might want to dig everything so you don't end up second guessing! Good luck!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
fantastic and it seems as if your now officially 'hooked.' Not that that's a bad thing...oh no...it's great for the treasure hunting soul :laughing7:

I know, my hubby bought my first metal detector (a RadioShack) for my birthday 9 yrs. ago. He thought it was just a phase I was going thru. men...what do they know (rhetorical question).

Happy Hunting!

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
I finally took my 250 to a. Park in another zip code did a couple hours found clad and a ear ring.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff741972 said:
Have fun, and make sure you tell her the machine is already paying for itself ( it will help when you wanna get out of the house) ;D

Give her the ring you find. That'll cut you some slack!

Have a great time, and don't forget to tell you buddies here on the board what you find, and don't be intimidated by hot finds. You'll get those too, in time. The thing to remember is that you're learning, and we will help you do that.

Happy Hunting! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread