Eagle button...Tax Token.... Wheat.... Junque.....Lots of fun!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was another beautiful day today and I throughly enjoyed every minute of it. I decided to go back to the old cellar and try my luck again. Spent four hours trapsing through the woods and found a couple of keepers. Also decided to keep everything I dug up today. It's not easy trying to find the good stuff with all the not so good stuff everywhere.

My keepers for the day are a button with an Eagle on it.....a button with Volunteer Mfg. Co. Nashville on it.....a 1 Luxury Tax Token....a wheat penny ....a snap with Cantripum on it and of course the spent shotgun shells. I found lots and lots of zinc canning lids and some I don't know whats its. Oh and part of the wall from the cellar was rather neat. It has metal in it and a really neat looking tile with a cross.

Anybody want to tell us about the buttons? ;D

Thanks!!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 011003.JPG
    011003.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 011002.JPG
    011002.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 011001.JPG
    011001.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE.

I like the Token.

Congrats on the finds.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Cool finds, Nana! Good thing you have a sturdy pouch. Sounds like an interesting wall-seems like you're always finding a cross in unusual places.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like your finds. The tax token is cool. I found an Oklahoma tax token in Kansas. HH Stan

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff nana! I like that token, and the buttons are awesome. Any idea what the cross on the tile is about?? HH!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Omni! Thanks!

I don't have any idea on the tile Kid....I'll try and remember to ask when I see the owner...maybe he knows something about it...

Thanks yall!

;)

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds Nana! I've found several of the AL tax tokens and one from MS and they all look like yours if not worse. The alloy they used corrodes like crazy in the ground. Yours is a 1 mil (1/10th cent). They also made 5 mil (1/2 cent) out of brass but I haven't found one of those. I think when they quit using them folks gave them to their kids as play money and they got dropped in the yards.

The button is way cool! 8)

Kent

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat stuff, Nana

:)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Nana on a nice assortment of keepers. Glad you had a fun day !

Huntin' 59er

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nana, I have a token similar to that! Tsgman

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
And all this from that poor little Bamma girl who has her own private woods to hunt & thinks she may never find a coin. Very nice kiddo. You're just getting better & better. Nice token.
Spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey Onmi! Had a kitty in my dad's drive way a few days ago. Walked right past his shop & left nice big tracks. About 3.5" in fact. We took some pix but they had poor deffination. It's a little unsetteling to have a COUGAR in the yard. He visited the neighbor too. The neighbor lost a CAT in the process.

Good to see that you have your head out of the sand down there. Any detecting lately?
Spotz

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nanner bananners, You are doing spectacular. Isn't it great. Post your finds and everybody does the research for you? ;)

Neat button, and token.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go with the nice relics...Looks like that site is still giving up the goodies!!!!! Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread