SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 cents that is. The temp was up to 42 today so I ran out the door with the new Tesoro! I had to get out before we get our big inch of snow that is forcasted for tonight :o Went to my first tot lot of 2010, the sand was soft for 2 inches then had a frozen 3 inch thick permafrost crust I had to break through to get to softer sand underneath. I found a nice 2 inch long rusty nail right at the bottom of the slide, one of the parents thanked me for finding and discarding it :thumbsup: I basically cleaned up the sandy playground area. Paper clip, balled up foil, pop tab, screw cap, nails and a non metal guitar pick :icon_scratch: I found a wopping 6 cents. A 1962 penny and a 1990 nickle. Oh well, I was happy to get out in the fresh air and play with the uMax. :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,
You're having way to much fun with that new Umax. :icon_thumleft: Keep at those parks & tot lots and the gold rings will appear soon. I'm getting ready for that huge 1" dumping of snow tonight too. Did you stock up on bread & milk? :laughing9:
-Doug-

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Thank you for giving us your 6 cents worth. :laughing9:
Hey it's a good start towards 2010 total. It is nice when people see that we are out there cleaning things up and not think we are just out there taking kids lost milk money.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Joe,
You're having way to much fun with that new Umax. :icon_thumleft: Keep at those parks & tot lots and the gold rings will appear soon. I'm getting ready for that huge 1" dumping of snow tonight too. Did you stock up on bread & milk? :laughing9:
-Doug-

Funny, I stopped at Harris Teeter after detecting to pick up some buy 1 get 2 free chicken breasts and I could not believe how many people were in there. The milk coolers were almost empty and the bread was going fast, no joke! I had to laugh. I am glad I have my Subaru!

OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knightwalker said:
Thank you for giving us your 6 cents worth. :laughing9:
Hey it's a good start towards 2010 total. It is nice when people see that we are out there cleaning things up and not think we are just out there taking kids lost milk money.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

There was a little boy playing on a digger near where I was detecting and he was quite interested in what I was doing. He asked his Dad. I went over and gave him the 6 cents. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread