Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Its bad practice, but I jump on the spade several times, as its a ploughed field it come up in big lumps."

I'm starting to wonder about you and this metal detecting addiction.

Stand back sir and slowly put the metal detector down. ;D

Nice short hunt friend.

Attachments

• bullshit_on_a_pogo_stick.jpg
    bullshit_on_a_pogo_stick.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 364

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that is one heck of a short hunt! :notworthy:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldnow said:
Was out yesterday and half the area was rock solid, where the sun don't shine. Excavated with much effort a few good signals. In the last hole, excellent coin signal, doing a few full body 175 lb. jumps on the spade I managed to cut out a block of dirt.. Smashed it like you do....Signal disappeared, ... not the first time in my hunting career, but couldn't believe it. Looked for near 5 minutes for the darn signal and finally chalked it up to a rust pocket. Picked up my spade and gave it a hit on the ground to clear a piece of dirt stuck to it and look at the spade and the darn coin is literally frozen to the shovel. 1820's Austrian/Italian penny, my first. Says, "REGNO LOMBARDO VENETO" on it.

I learnt that lesson a long time ago :wink: Actually it still happens quite alot, but normally with junk. So my routine when ever a good signal disappears is to:
Check the spade first
Check the bottom of your boots next
Check the bottom of the hole, to see if it fell deeper

So at least you were out & you did find :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
"Its bad practice, but I jump on the spade several times, as its a ploughed field it come up in big lumps."

I'm starting to wonder about you and this metal detecting addiction.

Stand back sir and slowly put the metal detector down. ;D

Nice short hunt friend.

thanks, where can you buy one of those?

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Its bad practice, but I jump on the spade several times, as its a ploughed field it come up in big lumps. Then I find what lump its in & either kick the crap out of it with my boots or hit it hard with a flat spade. Fingers crossed, I have yet to damage a coin/find. Sometimes I will need to hold a small lump & bash it in my hand against the sharp end of the spade.
[/quote]
Hey this sounds familar. Must just be diggers instinct :thumbsup:
Seriously you did great.
I have put small clumps, I thought might have button, in my pouch until I could get them thawed out.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Its bad practice, but I jump on the spade several times, as its a ploughed field it come up in big lumps. Then I find what lump its in & either kick the crap out of it with my boots or hit it hard with a flat spade. Fingers crossed, I have yet to damage a coin/find. Sometimes I will need to hold a small lump & bash it in my hand against the sharp end of the spade.
Seriously you did great.
I have put small clumps, I thought might have button, in my pouch until I could get them thawed out.
[/quote]

I've thought about it, but with our UK hunting (lots of signals), I would need a wheelbarrow to take the good lumps back to the car. :D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
vayank54 said:
Seriously you did great.

I've thought about it, but with our UK hunting (lots of signals), I would need a wheelbarrow to take the good lumps back to the car. :D
[/quote]

You could always use the wheelbarrow for your lunch first. Then it will be empty to use for the lumps at the end of the
day :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
vayank54 said:
Seriously you did great.

You could always use the wheelbarrow for your lunch first. Then it will be empty to use for the lumps at the end of the
[/quote]
Thoughts from a true 'time & montion' labourer. Minimum effort, maximum effect :D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
vayank54 said:
Seriously you did great.

Thoughts from a true 'time & montion' labourer. Minimum effort, maximum effect :D
[/quote]

You've got to know your onions Cru :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread