Tags, Im It

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Tags, I'm It

I played tag today it looks like. Cloudy and little chilly so I went out today for about 3 hours.
Didn't do to bad. Found some nice things, odd things and the wicked old nail and other scrap.
I found two tags, garter connector, milk glass, grommet, and round copper thing.
This one had a pin for machinery or tractor, plate with bolt, a bolt, washer and piece of lead.
The garter connector has the wording: Velvet Grip across the top - right side 12 - 31 - 46 & 6 - 7 - 04 - left side PAT'D 4 - 30 - 95 - on bottom Boston Garter. Now the question is. Is that 1846 & 1904 or 1946 & 2004.
The tag has: Dog License 1922 on top - numbers in the middle - Jersey Co. ILL on bottom.
The other tag has: Illinois 1938 on top - No. V S 426 in middle - Dept. Conservation on bottom. Not sure what this one is for.
This milk glass spacer still had part of the metal lid on it. No jar full of money tho. Darn. But it's the first one I found that had writing on it. It says: BOYD;S GENUINE PORCELAIN LINED CAP
Thanks for looking
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• finds-18a.jpg
    finds-18a.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 562
  • odd-18.jpg
    odd-18.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 599
  • tag2-18.jpg
    tag2-18.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 593
  • tag1-18.jpg
    tag1-18.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 591
  • milk-18.jpg
    milk-18.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Tags, I'm It

Nice finds, Cograts. HH....

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is the Il Dept of Cons a bird band?

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used

Old River said:
Nice finds, Cograts. HH....
Thank you Old RIver.
Kimsdad said:
Nice finds, and that doggy tag rocks!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Kims dad. I thought so too. At first I thought it was a religious medal, till I cleaned it.
S IL THer said:
Is the Il Dept of Cons a bird band?
S IL THER. I'm not sure. It looks like the long shaft part bends around and goes through the loop at top.
It wasn't fastened together when I found it. But was bent up, my guess from plow and disc.

rvrpilot

Jun 6, 2008

My guess on the Il con tag would be for a hoop net or fish basket,I like the dog tag, have found a few with the same date, in fact 4 or 5 from 1 field,must have been a big litter in J-co that year!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe

WOW ~ I love digging up those old dog tax tags! VERY COOL! CONGRAT'S!!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008

good question on the garter clip. i have around 10 of those. i usually find them in the woods and often say hmmm how did these get here? i wonder what was going on here. ::) :laughing9: i guess my mind is like my fingers. dirty. willy

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Those are neat finds. I like finding old dog tags. Good luck.
Dman

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used

rvrpilot said:
My guess on the Il con tag would be for a hoop net or fish basket,I like the dog tag, have found a few with the same date, in fact 4 or 5 from 1 field,must have been a big litter in J-co that year!
Hey TW. I never thought of that. Could be. Lot of fishermen in this area. The thing is on some of the stuff we find you have to wonder, did it come from this home site or did a tornado drop it there. I was out in the woods one time and found a dog collor and tags from Brussels after a tornado that went over a few days before.
Dman said:
Those are neat finds. I like finding old dog tags. Good luck.
Dman
Thanks Dman, Oddcoins and Rtde3. I liked it too. Thought it was a religious medal at first.
dfx willy said:
good question on the garter clip. i have around 10 of those. i usually find them in the woods and often say hmmm how did these get here? i wonder what was going on here. ::) :laughing9: i guess my mind is like my fingers. dirty. willy
Will you would think after losing a couple they would quit wearing the garter out in the woods. :laughing7:

S

seger98

Nice finds, the second photo down in the upper left corner it looks like it is the end of a trap chain ring.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used

seger98 said:
Nice finds, the second photo down in the upper left corner it looks like it is the end of a trap chain ring.
Seger98 it might be. I think it to big tho. I have seen the farmers use these around here to hold the arm from tractor to plow or other equipment. It's like a big cotter key, they stick the pin through the hole then fold the ring down to lock it in place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread