Stopped Lurking !!!

willow

Jan 19, 2006
Ont. Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150, Groundhog
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to stop lurking and joined today. I don't have a lot of experience in detecting.I bought a Garrett Ground Hog, new, many years ago. But with raising a family and work it got put aside. In August of 2005, a friend told me he lost his wedding ring he thought while gardening. I got out the Garrett, still not knowing exactly how it worked, drooped my ring on the ground, listened to the signal, and started looking for his ring. It took about an hour but I did found it.
Since then I have been lurking on this and other sites.I hope to get out this Spring and start my new hobby (again).

willow ... :) :) :)

Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Well, good job on your helping find...whenever that was! ?Detecting is apparently a pretty good hobby and good to get into! :)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum.
The Garrett Ground hog was a very good detector.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Willow to the forum ! Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds. Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father bought a ground hog new in the 80s.The detector was one of the best for its day . Glad you joined! :)

tgravatt

Dec 21, 2005
Pierre, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Hello!

And welcome to the Treasure Net forum!

That is wonderful! I bet your friend is quite happy.

Back in 1993, I was at my mother's house, was in the gravel driveway and was doing a bit of work on one of my cars. Took my wedding ring off and put it in my button up shirt pocket. Needless to say, I lost that ring that day while working on the car. Since then, my mother has passed away, but in 2004, I called up my ex step-father and asked if I could go back to the house and look for that ring. Sure enough, armed with my new Minelab explorer, I found that ring in about 10 minutes. He was impressed, I was amazed, and even though I am single again and not married, I still value the ring.

Can you imagine? After about 11 years and to go back and find it? I looked really hard for a while back then, but finding it in about 10 minutes with the detector amazed me!

Happy Hunting and good luck!

T.G.Creations

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. ;D The Ground Hog was and still is a good machine.

My neighbors got in an argument at she threw her rings on the front lawn. When the dust settled they looked for them. Then everyone got down on their knees and looked. I knew a guy that had a C & G Bobcat detector and invited him over to help find the rings. In a few minutes he found them right where everyone was looking. We excepted a cold beer for our reward. It was the best beer I ever tasted. Later I bought that C & G Bobcat from him. I was hooked, BIG TIME.........

Sandman

P

Plugger

Welcome, its a great hobby never know what ya will find good luck on the hunts.

Plugger

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Willow. Glad you decided to post. I hope you have many more treasure stories to tell.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Welcome To The Forum, Hope You Hang Around, Best Bunch Of Folks I Ever Have Been Associated With. Best of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread