Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found GOLD in the BRADSHAWS

Lookee what you found :o Many of us wish we stumbled over that, rather than frozen chunks of ice and snow . Great looking rock , hope it is loaded with gold !

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I can't wait to see what you find out on this! VERY cool!

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Find of a life time for sure. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

The_Griffyn

Jan 5, 2010
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab GM 1000

Being a prospector I'm really anxious to hear what came of this rock. Any news? Sure got quiet considering it's a possible 20lb gold impregnated chunk of earth. It doesn't look like gold to me but I want to hear the outcome.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

very quiet ::) Maybe it takes awhile to get an expert opinion in AZ :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Could be filing a claim . That rock was in a riverbed though. Hope it is gold

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If it turns out to be real, keep quit until you check out where it came from and then file a claim, if you can in that spot. Keep that spot to yourself! OH" don't crush it... If you look back at all the large nuggets dug in the old day's there are very few left.

Tag.
This is very interesting and what a rock! I would love to know how much of that yellow stuff is in there.
Great find no matter what!
Dave.

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI

Nice find, dan. I guess nobody read your first reply where you said you acid tested it and it was "GOOD" The only way to tell how much gold is there, is by specific gravity test. .

Les

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggerfororo said:
Nice find, dan. I guess nobody read your first reply where you said you acid tested it and it was "GOOD" The only way to tell how much gold is there, is by specific gravity test. .

Les

I did notice the acid test reference, however would put more weight on the detector testing positive. I am curious whether DanB tried to test the specimen for flakes as referenced with link by Deepdiger60?

I think I did spot DanB in a brand new mercedes this morning ;D

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it got quiet because dan b was out of town for a few days, im sure we will tell us when he is ready to. he probably has 1000 pm's to sort thru, just a guess.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Honestly if I were Danb I would come back and just say "false alarm" and let it go at that. Loose lips sink ships. Good luck Dan however it turns out,

HH Charlie

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That thing would make a great paperweight for all my bills piling up!
Congrates!

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Now, let me think.... where would I be if yesterday I found a twenty pound rock containing some gold. I'm pretty sure it would NOT be sitting at home responding to T-net queries.

BANNER!

Get some more Dan! More power to you!

Okay, so it wasn't yesterday. Surely you get my meaning anyway!

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm a newbie prospector... and well, newbie MD'er (one season)...and there's gold in that baby! Not pyrite, not chalcopyrite.. IMO, looks like gold to me!

Best of luck, find more! Could me more of those babies upstream/uphill!

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007

Thank-you for all your comments, suggestions and speculations, I have been out of town on business for the past few days. Now to get down to the real business......this gold infused rock.....here is how it all came about....I have a few friends who have adjoining mining claims in BCC, after the resent flooding we went to check out the damages and to see how things at the river have changed. I am driving the lead jeep with my friends following in their jeep, as we descended threw their claim towards the river, I stopped at the new deposit of material at the trails end and where the rivers edge begins, before driving out into this new river bottom I decided to walk out and make sure all was safe, I took about ten steps out on to the rocks and started looking around, as I looked down at where I was standing, at the same time my friend who owns the claim next to my friends claim (which we are on) says whats that your standing on?.....I moved my foot and picked up the rock.......as I dusted it off.......our jaws dropped...... none of us could believe what we saw. We couldn't believe how heavy it was for its size.......and that color.....wow ( HIGH FIVE) ( HIGH FIVE) then....we put the rock in the jeep and looked around for more........that was the only one with gold, looking at how well worn it is, I can tell that it has traveled quite a ways down stream. Now since there was six of us there when the rock was found, we discussed as a group and we decided it was best to divide up the rock and it contents evenly amongst all of us.....I know that by dividing up the rock it will make some people cry......we thought about selling, but opted out.....the general consensus was to crush and divide evenly......so, so be it..... If I had found it solely, it would have been a specimen for life.
When we got back home we tested the rock with Nitric acid.....it tested POS (+) for gold, we double checked with a metal detector, the metal detector screamed, we then took hot rocks and other gold in a vial that we found from panning and tested it against the metal detector to hear the difference in sound when each was passed under the detectors head, the rock of gold and the vial gave the same sound.....while the tone of the hot rock was different......now we knew we had the real thing. As far as the total weight in gold goes, we are going to stay tight lipped....sorry. Everybody is happy with their share.....So now it is time to move on and look for more gold.....I know somewhere out there, there is more gold to be found.....and I will start looking again tomorrow......the hunt for gold is addicting and a lot of fun...so get out in the great outdoors and go find some color and have some fun......I am glad I was able to share pictures with all of you fellow treasure and gold seekers.....This just goes to show that there is still plenty of that AU out there just waiting to be found.

best wishes and happy hunting

db

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan is it still whole yet ?

Can you get a Picture like this