The Dfx Continues to amaze

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today i hit a ball diamond and a park i had hit manny times before and found a cheap braclet wich i tossed. But it was impressive to find . I also found a fake ring at a park i had hunted with half a dozen detectors before and had not hit it with other detctors. This Dfx is the best ring getter by far. So far ive found 7 rings in one month. 6 were fake and one was a Gold mens wedding band. I convinced the Dfx is one hell of a detector. . I had a Mxt and it was a good machine but this Dfx has a better id system and is way more customizable.

Attachments

• 7thring.jpg
    7thring.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 826
Upvote 0

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dfx 300 also has been great this last year . I am still figuring which settings are the best, Custom or Relic, c&j? I really like the Relic mode when it goes off a 85 vdi!!

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Coin and jewlry mode with some tweaks works very well.

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I'm telling you guys that the hi-pro trash factory preset shreds all others on rings. Just set DC sensitivity to 40 for pinpointing and drop the sweep speed down under 10. Just give it a try and you will see what I mean. This setting keeps tone ID but decreases sensitivity. So you will get more trash signals but you will get way more good signals too. Just dig the solid tones, low or hi.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
The DFX is a great machine, especially for those that like to tweek it. Glad your liking it.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman said:
Well today i hit a ball diamond and a park i had hit manny times before and found a cheap braclet wich i tossed. But it was impressive to find . I also found a fake ring at a park i had hunted with half a dozen detectors before and had not hit it with other detctors. This Dfx is the best ring getter by far. So far ive found 7 rings in one month. 6 were fake and one was a Gold mens wedding band. I convinced the Dfx is one hell of a detector. . I had a Mxt and it was a good machine but this Dfx has a better id system and is way more customizable.
Once you get that right custom program in there that DFX does the rest it finds! i use a custom deep silver program that will not detect anything below a +12 in mixed mode its perfect :icon_thumleft:
HH Jim

TXcoindigger

Dec 29, 2008
I love my dfx. Have been having a great time learning the program settings. Here is a video of my experiments.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TXcoindigger said:
I love my dfx. Have been having a great time learning the program settings. Here is a video of my experiments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfArMuODCTw

Good video nice pocket find what is that blue coil your using ? i love the 10x12 sef i have but not in real trashy areas i want to get a smaller coil this year i have the stock coil 9.5 also, do you feel keeping Icons on impairs any depth i also keep VCO on i use block edit reject -95 to +11 and except all others to +94 Jim

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15klhz is the best its deep and finds the goodies. 3klhz im sure is nice for clad and silver. The Dfx is my favorite its a very good all around detector. It hits rings harder than any detector ive ever used. The signagraph system it uses to id things is the best by far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread