25 Centavos

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
A buddy of mine and I went out Mding today. We found several clads, and a piece of costume jewelery. As we pssed through a small town we stopped at a band and grabbed a roll of quarters to do a Silver Check. I did not find any Silver that I know of but I did come across a Domincan Republic 25 Centavos piece from 1974. It says on the coin 6 1/4 Gramos as well. Can anyone tell me if this is its silver weight or if the coin is silver?
Other than that we did not have any real luck, but hopefully next time we will hit the mother load...
Sabertooth

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep their coins carry the weight of what their made of in grams --be it copper, nickle , or silver --that one is copper / nickle blend

OP
OP
sabertooth

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Thanks everyone. After posting I rembered that somewhere about my cave I rembered seeing my coins of the world book. Yep sure enough it is copper nickle blend. Oh well it is a cool find it also lets me know that the bank where I got the coins arent very tight with their roll checks...sooooo Ill go back for a few more..Good luck everyone!
Sabertooth

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very nice find. Just think it only cost you a quarter. Try buying it anywhere else for that. :laughing7:
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions