South facing hillside hunt for Maine relics today 02/21/2010 Heavenly!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Was able to get out today on a big south facing slope in a nearby town. I checked this site last weekend yet it was still frozen. It was mostly thawed today with only about 10% of the signals I dug up in frost. I had a fun hunt ! I really enjoyed myself even with the meager finds! I did manage 1 1900 Indian in really good shape !' 1 wheatie 1918, a piece of a gold or gold filled cufflink, A nice skiing pin marked Heavenly !! Which is what it felt like to get out in the fresh air and do a little digging ! MaineRelic.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,000
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • IMG_0496-1.JPG
    IMG_0496-1.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 979
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you could get out Mainerelic. Looks like a couple storms coming this week, hoping for rain, I think that will lift the frost down here and allow me to get out. That is unless it comes off real cold like we know it can. Congrats. :icon_thumright:

Mainer

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a great hunt for spring much less Winter MR. Good coins and I'm sure you were glad to get a late Winter "fix" to hold you until the weather breaks. HH.

61willys

Jan 3, 2009
Central Ca.
Detector(s) used
whites mxt/ whites Prizm 4/505 and EyeBalls
gOOD jOB iM STILL WAITING FOR THE FIRST iNDIAN hEAD tHO
h h and God Bless :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :laughing7:

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Fantastic hunt in the winter! It is encouraging to think that the south facing hills are granting us access to the dirt 8)

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
It's cool you could get out. Looks like you are in an interesting spot with a wide range of items to dig. We are starting to see some bare ground here and I've been thinking about going out but tore the ligments in my right arm last week and my whole arm from my shoulder to my wrist is swollen with all kinds of pretty colors. I'm thinking I had better take it easy for a bit as I don't heal up as quick as I used to. :'(

slomoe

Dec 24, 2008
Baltimore, Md.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there MaineRelics that is a good tip for all MD's, doing the southside. Just the opposite in hot weather when you look for areas in the shade to detect. Thanks for the post, Slomoe :coffee2:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MaineRelics.....you did just fine for a first day out in a new year. Love the I.H.
Is your gold a gold filling from a tooth? If it isn't, it sure looks like what I had in several
of my teeth. Whatever, gold is gold......is gold. :laughing7:
Have a great year filled with great hunts, and even greater finds. :thumbsup:

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the house trailer toy. Based on the fender and window style, I'd say 1930's or 40's. Cool!

DCMatt

vermonster

May 7, 2009
hootersville NY
Detector(s) used
whites prism IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: Nice diggs! It looks like we are gonna get a storm this week- maybe a big one . The ground is still froze pretty good here in southern vermont (chompin at the bit to get out )
vermonster

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread