More finds from German POW Camp

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Started off with a slight drizzle today but ended up with pretty fair weather. trk5capt and I went back to a previous site again and had a few more finds. There were a few more pics but some didn't turn out to well. trk5capt Found another Canteen cup while I was digging up some marbles. Some of the other items found were an axe head, a belt buckle, some sort of strap hook and a Army button. Thanks for looking, Southcacalaky and Trk5capt ....

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 031.jpg
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 031.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 659
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 028.jpg
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 028.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 650
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 026.jpg
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 026.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 647
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 024.jpg
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 024.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 636
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Southcacalaky

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Detector(s) used
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
South,

you two have been pulling some nice artifacts out of that place.

How big is it?? Do you think you'll ever be able to say you hit it all.

have a good un...................

One particular area is producing fairly well, but as large as the area is, trk5capt and I believe that there are several areas not yet found, Thanks, Art...

OP
OP
Southcacalaky

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Detector(s) used
haupin said:
Wow, thatsa lotta marbles.? Where they all in one hole?? It's nice you have a partner to hunt with.

Actually I really belive there are more to be found. It has to be part of an old trash/burn pit or something. There was quite a bit of other glass fragments as well as iron. I hope to bring along a screen next time. Keep all of you posted, Thanks, Art...

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
Keep looking, there's no telling what you may find. I'm doing a lot of research on the local area, and I've read a little about the POW camp that was in the North Area....I'm guessing that's the camp you're hitting. If you are in the North Area, there's more history there than I realized.... I've also read of an area there that I'm going to look for that had a Revolutionary encampment.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds guys! Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread