Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get 'che Gun Out!

Some friends of ours (the ones that own the 300 acres that I have been hunting) decided that we would take a ride along the country side today. Before we left he told me to bring along my detector. So....you know that I did! ;) Anyhow he drove to the place where his Mom grew up and said "Get 'che gun out". And being the great gal that I am, I did. ;D As I was walking up to the house he added.."We are on a tight schedule today so just a few minutes to hunt". :-\ My very first beep was this Mississippi Tax Token! I had only minutes to spare so we walked around the house a bit but didn't get anything else except a couple of pieces of junk. I am excited about going back to this spot soon and spending more than 5 minutes....before the snakes take back over....and by the looks of the snake skin I found yesterday....my time is running out fast!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• house0129.JPG
    house0129.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 693
  • Misstoken0129.JPG
    Misstoken0129.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Get 'che Gun Out!

That would look pretty funny Burdie! :D

I don't think I better push my luck! I already look a bit odd with all the stuff I carry around!

I didn't go to the back of the house yet....didn't have time.. :-\ but I'm sure that clothes line was back there somewhere!

Snakes in NH? WoW!

Thanks!

;)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Still think you should give some thought to taking a dog with you when you hunt alone.
Protect you from snakes and bad guys. And they love to dig:)
Hey,,,, maybe you can borrow Yogi :D

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Ashleen, you're right, we can't rule snakes out entirely. I agree twenty years ago I had friends who came across rattlers in their woodpile (seems thats where they always end up around here), but I haven't heard of a sighting in years. My pa is a biologist at UNH and has been distraught by this trend. Although he's primarily an arachnologist (spiders) and is the guy that hears about our seldom black widow findings here. But more importantly... mmmm, Newicks. I know most of the waitresses there, we could get a window seat...oh and Ralph could come too. :D

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Nana, i'm ignorant and living in South Africa ::) what are tax tokens for? wow I have learnt so much on this site already..... now just need the brain to hold all this information ;D

God bless
Peter

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Cool token,congratulations and keep both eyes open for snakes. :P

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

nhbenz said:
My pa is a biologist at UNH and has been distraught by this trend. .? :D
Funny; ya wonder how they got here. I have a theory....
DUMB people buy them for pets, and they get loose, maybe?
We had some (idiot) neighbors who bought their 12yr old girls tarantulas (sp?), years ago. Well, don'cha know, they had to bring them outside to show off, and it wasn't long before they were lost! So they got new ones, and they got lost too!!!!!!!So then they bought a tank for pirranhas (SP?). They didn't last long either. THEN they spent a BIG bag of $$$ on a parrot that they named Bogart. He used to bite the kids. Their littlest one's first words were "Bogart bites". Well, someone left the door open, Bogart escaped. He hung around the neighboorhood for 1 day, then disappeared. :-\
the only black widows i've heard of were I think at Shaw's in the grapes or something; a while back.

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003

I call it the "defender" in case any snakes show up...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread