Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know much about nazi swastikas but I do know my dad had a very plain one and sold it for 45.00 that looks unique and is alot older then mine. maybe its worth quite a lot more money? just my 2 centz! good luck next hunt :icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Some kid who robbed grand dads war relics, and lost it. Great find. :)

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Looks like if it were in mint and had the case it would be worth 500 bucks. I'd say stick that sucker on ebay but they will pull it. They refuse to auction Nazi stuff.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I like finds that make me think, and that one surely does.

OP
OP
Toby1858

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Yea, How in the world did this wind up in the middle of an outfield 1'' or 2'' down, in the middle of the country here in southweswt mo. :icon_scratch:!! We'll never know for sure!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find!!! it happens, I found a 1938 German mothers cross a few years back. here in Illinois.. MR TUFF

OP
OP
Toby1858

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Wow! Looks like a german moth. cross has got mine beat, bet that was an exciting find! Looks like some merit medals had eye holes at the top where a ring was attatched and the ribbon threaded through that like mine. Wich from what I could find sell for $50 to $150, and then theres some with no eye hole that sell up to $500! Definitly was the last thing I thought I would find here at the location where I live. Goes to show that you never know what might pop up out of the ground!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skrimpy said:
Looks like if it were in mint and had the case it would be worth 500 bucks. I'd say stick that sucker on ebay but they will pull it. They refuse to auction Nazi stuff.
just curious about what you said, did a search of "nazi" on ebay, there is 657 items in the militaria section alone. So I am not sure why you sell they refuse to sell the stuff?

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did that piece of military history end up at an athletic field ?? Someone's loss is your gain !! Nice recovery !! MaineRelic.

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
Very nice find :icon_thumleft:! Congrats thats piece of history :icon_thumleft:. I dug two wehrmacht assault badges last summer.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
I think it would be neat to attach a poll to this thread to see how many people feel sorry for the Nazi who lost his badge. Yeah, that would be interesting.

I reckon it was a battlefield trophy brought back.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toby1858 said:
I found this a few days back at an athletic field I hunt regulary for jewelry and thought it was junk from a skinhead or something. Turns out to be a war merit medal! I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to try my hand at posting pic. Thanks for lookin! and any insight would be appretiated!
How they got back to the States: in the pockets/bags/mail of WWII soldiers. Have one my Dad took off a dead German officer
he found in a hotel room in Kaiserslautern, when his division was going house to house, clearing the area. He brought home
a couple of other neat things, the officer's dress sword, and some envelopes with German commemorative stamps on them. Not everything Nazi was brought back that way, but many things were. Good find. :thumbsup:

dann4414

Nov 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think that this is a knights cross of the war merit cross with swords. and there was only 118 of these awarded during and after ww2. it was awarded to soldiers for exceptional service in battle above and beyond the call of duty.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes4ever said:
Skrimpy said:
just curious about what you said, did a search of "nazi" on ebay, there is 657 items in the militaria section alone. So I am not sure why you sell they refuse to sell the stuff?

ebay considers the swastika an 'offensive symbol' and will pull most listings where the photo clearly shows it on medals, helmet decals, etc. but for some reason they don't pull the ones of nazi era stamps and coins that show it. Personally, I think it's a shame that some choose to ignore history or turn away from it. (those that choose to ignore history are doomed to repeat it) Even model kits of WW2 German aircraft sold in some other countries don't come with the swastika decal for the tail. It's retarded to me because it was the national symbol for Germany at that time just as ours is the Stars and Stripes or England's is the Union Jack. Do we ignore the national symbol and flag of Iraq or Libya or any other country who was under the control of a military dictatorship?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread