Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #46

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon.



    I have just got the update on the Saxon Coin from the UKFD.

    Series C...Radiate bust right; Runic inscription in front.
    Standard with TOT11 inscription; tufa above; cross below; pse eudo-leters at sides.

    Spink 779 North 161; cf, Metcalf 117-118.

    The Northern find spot is vey unusuall for this type.

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  2. #47

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    I don't know how you all can get ANY sleep knowing that there are such GREAT relics and coins to be found there!

    Just amazing!!!! Many congrats to ya!!

    Nana

  3. #48
    gb
    Leggo Master of the UK

    Aug 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Goldmaxx Power and Canon 7D and Viagra supplier
    2,992
    131 times
    Metal Detecting and Conservation
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Hi SS, I didn't get to browse Tnet yesterday due to family commitments and I missed a lot of great finds. The sceat is beautiful , definitely on my wanted list. You had a great day, well done mate.

    hammered

    Because it's always hammer time

  4. #49

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Hi SS, I didn't get to browse Tnet yesterday due to family commitments and I missed a lot of great finds. The sceat is beautiful , definitely on my wanted list. You had a great day, well done mate.

    hammered
    Cheers Mate .....hoprfully one like your aviater next

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  5. #50
    gb
    Leggo Master of the UK

    Aug 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Goldmaxx Power and Canon 7D and Viagra supplier
    2,992
    131 times
    Metal Detecting and Conservation
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Hi SS, I didn't get to browse Tnet yesterday due to family commitments and I missed a lot of great finds. The sceat is beautiful , definitely on my wanted list. You had a great day, well done mate.

    hammered
    Cheers Mate .....hoprfully one like your aviater next

    SS
    I have to admit that when the cabin fever gets to me, I go to my meager hammered collection and stare at it for a while .

    hammered

    Because it's always hammer time

  6. #51

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Hi SS, I didn't get to browse Tnet yesterday due to family commitments and I missed a lot of great finds. The sceat is beautiful , definitely on my wanted list. You had a great day, well done mate.

    hammered
    Cheers Mate .....hoprfully one like your aviater next

    SS
    I have to admit that when the cabin fever gets to me, I go to my meager hammered collection and stare at it for a while .

    hammered
    Who wouldn't it's the find of a lifetime

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  7. #52
    Charter Member
    DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

    Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    4,736
    242 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (12)

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Just an unbelieveable day of digs buddy! Congrats and yes BANNER



  8. #53
    Charter Member
    CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

    Jun 2006
    Moonlight and Magnolias
    Fisher F75, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver µMax
    15,507
    2771 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (5)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    SS,

    That is one TOP NOTCH find! The condition of that coin is pretty incredible. Bravo to you on such a great recovery--and a BIG congrats on the Banner.


    Cheers,


    Buckles
    2015 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    c.1812-1815 Planter's Bank Counterstamped cut segment of an 8 Reales (75-100 examples known)
    Kentucky Military Institute CW Button
    General Staff Officer's CW Button
    "In Hoc Signo Vinces" Masonic Sword Belt Plate
    Antebellum coin silver "twin hearts" ring
    Mexican War era medallion from an officer's stirrup
    Bingham Miliary School Cap Badge
    1835 Capped Bust Half Dime
    1845 1/4 Franc
    1858-O Seated Quarter
    1854-O (or 1855-O) Seated Quarter
    1876 and one dateless Seated Dime
    1853-O Seated Half Dime
    1899-O and 1900-O Barber Dimes
    Antique Silver Ring
    Two Sword Hangers
    Civil War bullets
    IH's, Beefaloes, V Nickels, and GawGag

    OUR 2014 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/446995-what-sweet-year-2014-canebandits-wrap-up-lots-pics.html
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

    Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

  9. #54

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckleBoy
    SS,

    That is one TOP NOTCH find! The condition of that coin is pretty incredible. Bravo to you on such a great recovery--and a BIG congrats on the Banner.


    Cheers,


    Buckles
    Thanks Will glad you could drop by It's pretty unusuall to get this type so far North were I hunt, so a bit extra special for me

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  10. #55
    us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    2,805
    64 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Bravo on that coin congrats on the BANNER! .Good hunt
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

    4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

  11. #56
    **Bring History Back to Life**

    Nov 2005
    Keep on Digging!
    MINELAB Explorer-II
    2,436
    14 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Congrats Silver Searcher.....Some well deserved Coins and Relics! WTG
    Sometimes you need to look back to a time that made you laugh and smile!...... The memories of all the great times..... will always be there!!

  12. #57
    us
    Dec 2008
    South Korea
    Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
    1,268
    14 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    What a great pocketful of history you have recovered/preserved for future generations to enjoy.
    I surely am interested in what's going to come out of those ponds you mentioned. Looking
    forward to your posts.....and all the competition that you and the other guys in our colony in
    Europe are finding.......way to do it!!!! And congrats on the Banner.....very much deserved.
    Can't find it if you're watching tv at home, your machine isn't on, and the head of your detector is pointed up!!

  13. #58

    Oct 2007
    San Diego
    Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
    537

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    That's a beauty!
    Jim in So. Cal.
    Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

  14. #59

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by hikeinmts
    What a great pocketful of history you have recovered/preserved for future generations to enjoy.
    I surely am interested in what's going to come out of those ponds you mentioned. Looking
    forward to your posts.....and all the competition that you and the other guys in our colony in
    Europe are finding.......way to do it!!!! And congrats on the Banner.....very much deserved.
    Thanks...

    I did give the ponds a go, but unfortunately it was a bit boggy :P I did manage a George111 spade Guinea imitation though, but they should be more there when it dries, but with loads of good areas to come shortly I might not have a chance to get back there

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  15. #60
    ad
    Mar 2009
    WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
    5,158
    579 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

    Saxon coins are incredible, ..... in my country equivalents in the period and who replaced the Romans were the Visigoths ... but unfortunately only produced gold coins (they are too few), the Visigoths , the capital in Barcelona (King Ataúlfo) and later in Toledo. (King Leovigildo). was a German immigrant people who came to allude to the Roman Christians to expel the barbarians of Hispania .... but ended up staying for like .... Rulers Saxon.
    sure your saxon coin and my sculpture of Apollo , friends will be up there!

    Congrats on the Banner !!
      No matter how long the storm, the sun always shines again between the clouds ...... 

 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

saxn silver sceat

,

saxon sea monster shield

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3