Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

Quote Originally Posted by CONSTANTINVS
    Saxon coins are incredible, ..... in my country equivalents in the period and who replaced the Romans were the Visigoths ... but unfortunately only produced gold coins (they are too few), the Visigoths , the capital in Barcelona (King Ataúlfo) and later in Toledo. (King Leovigildo). was a German immigrant people who came to allude to the Roman Christians to expel the barbarians of Hispania .... but ended up staying for like .... Rulers Saxon.
    sure your saxon coin and my sculpture of Apollo , friends will be up there!

Congrats on the Banner !!
    Yes they are amazing the different designs to each series, and pennies never fail to amaze me it's what our detecting dreams are made of

SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

ad
    Mar 2009
    WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
    551 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Saxon coins are incredible, ..... in my country equivalents in the period and who replaced the Romans were the Visigoths ... but unfortunately only produced gold coins (they are too few), the Visigoths , the capital in Barcelona (King Ataúlfo) and later in Toledo. (King Leovigildo). was a German immigrant people who came to allude to the Roman Christians to expel the barbarians of Hispania .... but ended up staying for like .... Rulers Saxon.

Yes they are amazing the different designs to each series, and pennies never fail to amaze me it's what our detecting dreams are made of

SS
    has the look view of Numismatic (like me ).... that this is the more rare coins better. Saxon and Visigothic coins marking the beginning of middle age and have something of Roman and Medieval.

Here you can see what they were rare coins of the Visigoths ..... one of my dreams is to find one.

http://www.soleryllach.com/subastas/...s/01/0197g.jpg
      No matter how long the storm, the sun always shines again between the clouds ...... 

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher

SS
    has the look view of Numismatic (like me ).... that this is the more rare coins better. Saxon and Visigothic coins marking the beginning of middle age and have something of Roman and Medieval.

Here you can see what they were rare coins of the Visigoths ..... one of my dreams is to find one.

http://www.soleryllach.com/subastas/...s/01/0197g.jpg

I can see why it would be a dream to find one of those it would be mine also

SS

ro
    “You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same”.

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    home made / Garrett GTI 2500 / Garrett Pro-Pointer
    165 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)

good job silver searcher

us
    Feb 2010
    NC
    garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/ garrett pro-pointer
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

man, you guys got it good over there! congrats

The saxon Styca I found with the Sceat has been ID it's a irregular issue Northumbrian styca 843-855, these coins are a attempt on copying of the ruler/ monyer, often blundered.

Obverse ...Pseudo legend.
    Reverse ...Puesdo legend.

SS
    Attached Images Attached Images    

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
    283 times

banner banner banner
    I hate to discriminate but some times you have too!

us
    Jan 2006
    Golden Isles Of Georgia
    Garrett GTI-2500 w/Sunray Invader GI-1 probe
    23 times

Congratulations!

That must be a rush.

It looks like I might be making my way to your side of the pond for the first time this year- can you recommend any tour groups for Yank diggers like myself? Hopefully somebody who'll take care of all the legal niceties and who won't salt the ground with planted finds?

I'll only have about a week- my goal is to find at least one Roman bronze and one hammered silver- really any coin which predates the oldest I've dug over here (currently my oldest is 1658).

(Edit to add: those are my hopes, anyway- I dunno how realistic it is to hope to fulfill those goals within one week, but I intend to work hard for it.)

us
    Jan 2006
    Golden Isles Of Georgia
    Garrett GTI-2500 w/Sunray Invader GI-1 probe
    23 times

Hmm... that ain't British... the portrait looks like Napoleon I!

Love the counterstamped copper, too, BTW.

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    63 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by lordmarcovan

Hmm... that ain't British... the portrait looks like Napoleon I!

Love the counterstamped copper, too, BTW.
    That is exactly what that coin is a 1811 Napoleon Dd60
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fr_5F_1811A_both.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	391117  
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

Thanks for posting that that worn Silver coin got over looked because of the outher finds I have been meaning to ID it but have never got around to it :P now you have done it for me

SS

Quote Originally Posted by lordmarcovan

Congratulations!

That must be a rush.

It looks like I might be making my way to your side of the pond for the first time this year- can you recommend any tour groups for Yank diggers like myself? Hopefully somebody who'll take care of all the legal niceties and who won't salt the ground with planted finds?

I'll only have about a week- my goal is to find at least one Roman bronze and one hammered silver- really any coin which predates the oldest I've dug over here (currently my oldest is 1658).

(Edit to add: those are my hopes, anyway- I dunno how realistic it is to hope to fulfill those goals within one week, but I intend to work hard for it.)
    That's all gunna depend on were you are coming to in the UK, Bio Proff goes with the Colchester hunting group(I think) but I know there are plenty of weekend hunting clubs that would take you out, it will all depend on what's available at this time of year

http://colchestermetaldetectingclub.webs.com/

SS

us
    Feb 2004
    Guntersville,Alabama
    fisher 1236x2,viper trident

CONGRATS.........AWESOME find........here in the states we can only celebrate with you.
    keep diggin

us
    presidential campaign items, 1860 JOHN BELL-EDWARD EVERETT tin type pic token, 1888 Benjamin Harrison pin. 1876 CENTENNIAL REVOLUTIONARY WAR MEDAL WITH BARON VON STEUBEN AND GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON. CW RELICS 1864 Union store card,3 I,1 R, eagle buttons

Dec 2008
    ILL
    Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
    40 times

nice coins!!!! congrats!!! MR TUFF
    oldest dug 1831 William IIII. 1844 1/6 Skilling. 1834,51,72,76,84-86,89,1900o-94s,97-11,13 Dimes. 1854,56,76s,94,99,1902,06,09d,11,15s Qtrs. 1864,65 2cent. 79,83cc Morgan. 1867,68,69,75,82,87,88,90,91,93,95,97,98,1900,02,0 4-09,11,12d Nickles. 1848,56,59,61,64-67-69,73-75,81-85,87-09 Cent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors