old school field 1893 V-Nickle gold ring n silver ring UPDATE ! Ring returned
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: old school field 1893 V-Nickle gold ring n silver ring UPDATE ! Ring returned

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    88 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

old school field 1893 V-Nickle gold ring n silver ring UPDATE ! Ring returned

My buddy and me went to the old school field this weekend the weather could not be better Dan had his V3 i had my DFX some of the school goes back to the mid 1850,s we did great there is so much clad in that 4 acre field well iam exhausted lol 2 days of slaw pull tabs and caps but you gotta dig them sometimes if you want the good stuff we ended up with over 20.00 in clad 1 1971 school ring with 10k it has id it will be returned ,also a great looking 1893 V-Nickle prefect detail it was not deep either 3 inches Dan found those ,1 very small .925 silver ring it wont even go over my pinkey tip ,2 1953 silver rosies and 3 wheats all in the same hole 6 inches down ,`1 GP cuff link with some kind of stones on each end and of course a half a bucket of slaw pull tabs and caps .Finally a good 2 days to get out .Good Hunting All Jim .

My friend Dan tracked down the guy who lost his ring back in 1971 when he was 17, he now lives in Charleston Tenn. he was out playing flag football in the school field he had the ring on then but when he got home it was missing . Needless to say Ed is a happy man today he is 57 now .Dan is mailing it out today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	This weekend total.jpg 
Views:	1465 
Size:	317.2 KB 
ID:	383757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V nickle front.jpg 
Views:	925 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	383758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V nickle back.jpg 
Views:	943 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	383759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1971 school ring 10k .925 silver ring.jpg 
Views:	1168 
Size:	259.5 KB 
ID:	383760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	school ring 2.jpg 
Views:	1609 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	383798  

mikeraydj likes this.
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

us
    Psalms 23

Oct 2007
    Where the grass is blue
    Bounty Hunter Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    8 times

Re: A good 2 days out in old school field 1893 V-Nickle gold ring n silver ring

Wow! That would be a dream day for anybody!!
    >IN GOD WE TRUST<

us
    Mar 2009
    Springfield Mo.
    Whites m6
    40 times

I have yet to find a class ring, but would love to see someones reaction when returning one! Your nickel looks to to be in good shape, I'd say good hunt!!

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    88 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Toby1858
    I have yet to find a class ring, but would love to see someones reaction when returning one! Your nickel looks to to be in good shape, I'd say good hunt!!
    The owner,s initials inside the ring match a name in the 1971 high school year book now its a matter of locating him it is 39 years, possible he lost it between then and when ever . Should not be to difficult. You believe that V Nickle was only 5 inches deep Jim
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
    766 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

great hunt. good luck on the return.
    Debby

Oct 2006
    146 times

That V is the nicest condition old nickel I've seen dug on LI,not your usual corrosion uglies that usually come up.Sweet!

us
    Oct 2009
    kingman az
    new coinmaster
    8 times

nice find

us
    Apr 2009
    Hardyville, KY
    garrett A.T. gold Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
    429 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Im so jelous I want to find a high school ring...
    Finds as of August, 4th 2014

PENNIES- 131
    Copper- 46
    Zinc- 85
    wheaties- 1

NICKELS- 8
    Buffalo- 1

DIMES-21
    Silver Rosies-

QUARTERS- 4
    Silver Quarters-

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    881 times

Great finds congrats.

Mar 2003
    Eastern North Carolina
    29 times

what a great weekend wtg on finds
    hh
    dave+bobbie
    dave-enc

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    88 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by LI Tom
    That V is the nicest condition old nickel I've seen dug on LI,not your usual corrosion uglies that usually come up.Sweet!
    I was surprised also when Dan dug it out at the detail it was dug in the same area i found the rosies and wheats

us
    Dec 2007
    Chicago and Florida Keys
    Matrix M-6, Bounty Hunter, Fisher CZ-21 and Pistol Probe Pinpointer.
    7 times

Great finds!!

us
    Mar 2008
    MAINE
    Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
    864 times
    Banner Finds (4)

That V nickeel is in great condition ! I usually have a hard tine getting a date off my V;s ! Nice class ring !! Looks like a very productive hunt !! Congrads !! MaineRelic.
    MaineRelic.

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    88 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRelic
    That V nickeel is in great condition ! I usually have a hard tine getting a date off my V;s ! Nice class ring !! Looks like a very productive hunt !! Congrads !! MaineRelic.
    Strange thing is Dan dug that V at 3 inches in hard packed soil , plus the owner of the HSR was found in Tenn. hes 57 now and happy Thanks for looking

nz
    Jan 2010
    ML Explorer SE
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: old school field 1893 V-Nickle gold ring n silver ring UPDATE ! Ring returned

Luckily, you did not have to return the coins and the rest Good on you for finding the class ring's owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links