Better Picture of what I found? This give anymore ideas?

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300

Attachments

• Weirdthingy Scan.jpg
    Weirdthingy Scan.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Saber, that is a MUCH better picture...I played with the old one with no success. A nice find. Odd, stylistically Asian, but the Armor is distinctly European. I have no idea. But I like it!

OP
OP
sabertooth

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Yea the other picture kinda stunk. Also notice the shield is not the kind that would have been used with that style of armour. The armour is 14-16 th century and the shield is a round which went out of style in the 12 th century. The round was also used by lighter skirmish troops and rarely by the full plated soldiers. I dont know what it is either but it is really neat looking.
Thanks
Saber

hoosier hunter

Aug 20, 2005
Southern indiana
For some reason i don't see any pictures on my pc. Does anyone know what the problem might be. It has been awhile since i have been back on this site. And i really enjoyed the pictures and stories. but for some reason i dont see the pictures? Thank's
Hoosier Hunter

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Hoosier- try going to "tools"-"internet options"- click the "advanced"tab- and scroll down to "multimedia"- the box next to "show pictures" should be checked.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Looks like a segment from a multi-piece, "ladder" style watch fob. Here's an eBay pic of a different fob with the same type of construction: holes at the corners for rings or links, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quaker-Oats-link-watch-fob_W0QQitemZ7213893642

Also, I think the scene is from Don Quixote by Cervantes. See the following page and scroll down to pic:

http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=baldwin&book=quixote&story=lions

In fact, there was a Don Quixote watch fob on eBay, but the pics are gone. Note details of description: links depicting scenes, floral borders, etc. :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-SIlver-CERVANTES-DON-QUIXOTE-Bracelet-Watch-Fob_W0QQitemZ5075315863

OP
OP
sabertooth

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
THANKS DH..... I think you maybe right sounds very much like it in everyway. I am heading back out I hope to find the other pieces of it and maybe reconstruct it. If any pf you guys find a picture on the WEB please let me know. Thanks for everything.
Saber

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Weirdthingey....Is a nice find....looks like a small buckle of sometype...Seeker

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoosier hunter, try hitting your refresh button. Sometimes that works wonders? Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread