It Was a "Take a Friend CW Relic Hunting Day" for us!!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It Was a "Take a Friend CW Relic Hunting Day" for us!!!

Dman and I dodged cold rain showers in Middle Tennessee this morning with Josh to repay him for discovering and inviting us to hunt the spring near a CSA Camp in Southern Tenn. He could have easily hunted that spring close to the Morgan 1863 Camp by himself as he owed us nothing except for the little bit of history that we provided him-but he didn't. Dman wouldn't have that HTF CSA Tranter revolver pistol bullet and I wouldn't have the little 1700s period brass cufflink (and several other relics in our collections) if Josh had not shared the site with us.
We have been saving a field near a U.S. Infantry Camp just for Josh to hunt with us. Although we have recovered Eagle buttons, bullets, and coins from that site in past hunts, the F75s had not ever been used there. We made sure he had something to add to his CW collection at home by actually identifying good signals for him to dig. Dman told him that we would not bring him to any more of our CW sites because he found too many relics-LOL. He left for home in less than 3 hours with a dropped .69 cal. 3 ringer, a dropped Austrian .69 or .70 cal. 3 ringer, a .69 cal. 3 ringer with the top cut off by a Yankee Soldier, and a few fired Colt pistol bullets. He also found some iron buckles, a knife, and other assorted iron relics. His potential best find needs cleaning. Dman thinks it may well be a 2 cent piece.
I don't know a single veteran relic hunter who did not need help when they started hunting. Today was our turn to share our experience with a young relic hunter who was very nice to us. Happy Hunting from all three of us in Tennessee.

Attachments

• Josh & Dman 3-13-10.jpg
    Josh & Dman 3-13-10.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 606
  • Josh\'s Relics 3-13-10.jpg
    Josh\'s Relics 3-13-10.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 597
Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Re: It Was a "Take a Friend CW Relic Hunting Day" for us!!!

Nice find Josh. Isn't it great how some of us can share and share alike. Yea. I would like to keep a good spot to myself, but it does get lonely out there at times when you don't have anyone to share your find with. Thanks Q and D for being wonderful people.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good friends good hunt!! What its all about :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Knightwalker said:
Nice find Josh. Isn't it great how some of us can share and share alike. Yea. I would like to keep a good spot to myself, but it does get lonely out there at times when you don't have anyone to share your find with. Thanks Q and D for being wonderful people.
KW
Well said.....Class Act's.....All of ya!!!Great job guy's :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Josh, you couldn't have hunted with better guys :wink: Those Tennessee Volunteers are stand up folks! Glad to see you

pulled out some really nice Civil War bullets :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Vols---that was a really nice thing to do...it will come back 10 fold! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Knightwalker said:
KW
{Sentinel} said:
Josh, you couldn't have hunted with better guys :wink: Those Tennessee Volunteers are stand up folks! Glad to see you

pulled out some really nice Civil War bullets :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Vols---that was a really nice thing to do...it will come back 10 fold! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I agree, VOL & Dman are a couple of alright guys, even if they don't invite us Yankees to hunt with them. :tongue3: :laughing9:
After some of the stories you guys told me, I better stay in NC. ;D :wink:
Congrats to all three of you.
Nice CW relics,
MM

U

umrgolf

Good work, way to be generous... you went out and identified the targets for him? :D very generous :laughing7:

Dixiedigger

Dec 2, 2009
Southern Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75

Nice, I tried to hunt in southern mid tn today but the rain kept me from going where I wanted to. Maybe tomorrow. Did dig some coins though.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

great job, nice finds.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for your kind comments guys!!!! One thing we know for sure:We will never go back to our site and find Josh hunting there without our knowledge. Relic hunters you can trust are a premium find today. Happy hunting from cool and rainy Tennessee, Quindy.

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt

great looking stuff gratz

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

That was fun seeing Josh dig those relics and buttons. Knowing he will not come back and hunt our sites without us is one of the reasons we took him. Josh is a good guy and new to relic hunting. Also he just found a Breast Plate today.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread