Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was sittin' a long ways away from the GREEEEEN Injun'

Met up with a pretty good feller" today to do a little diggin'...and he got to meet my hunting buddy Hercules :icon_thumleft:

We had no choice but to pound this old sad park one more time. :icon_sunny:

I didn't care if I found anything or not...I was just looking for some peace and relaxing hunt time with a really good guy.

I hunted over 2 hours before I dug my first coin...and it turned out to be a 9" deep memorial cent in fill dirt ;D...so we moved to a different spot.
Notice I don't show a pic of that great find :headbang: ;D

Another 30 minutes passed before I finally got a peep through the falsing and nulling that caught my attention.

From right at 10" down came the seated dime. I knew I had silver when it came out...but had no idea what it was until Roy looked at it. You see...he had on some glasses :D...but I didn't...he also rubbed most of the mud off before we could see the date.

After that... nothing more...but at least I did get one sweet keeper...and got to meet and hunt with a fellow hunter. :hello2:

After that I headed home...but decided to take the long way and hit one more park. ::)

After an hour or so I got a very deep, goofy sounding signal :icon_scratch: that I thought had a shot at being an injun'.

I dug a very deep plug in the moist, muddy ground...but the probe was still sounding off to the bottom side....so I had to widen the hole some.

BEFORE some of you hammer me for digging a nasty hole ;D....please realize this ground had been plowed in the recent past and there was NO way to properly cut a plug. :dontknow: I had no choice but to dig it out in clumps and pile it on my towel in order to PROPERLY fill and repair the hole once I was done. :icon_thumleft:

From very DEEEEEP as the pics show...out came this clump with a gorgeous GREEN as green gets....Injun' sticking out the side :icon_thumleft:

I normally don't take my camera with me...but had it today so I could take a pic of Roy...so I grabbed it and snapped the 3 shots of this baby.

As you can see...the depth was well over the length of the probe :hello2:....and you can clearly see the detail of the feathers in the headdress from 3 feet away :wink:

I have this critter soaking in olive oil right now...so maybe after a few days I can post some pics of how it came out.

To hunt the whole day for 2 coins...oh yeah...3 if you count the 9" deep memorial cent :laughing9: ;D...might not seem worth it to some of you...but it sure was fun. :icon_thumleft:

I'll say this again too...it seriously wouldn't have mattered if the silver would have been a roosie instead of a seated.....SILVER is SILVER...and I'd have been just as happy :hello:

After the long day...my buddy Hercules hit his bed pillow at the bottom of the stairs while I typed up my post :hello:

Attachments

• coins312.jpg
    coins312.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,073
  • injun1.jpg
    injun1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,115
  • injun2.jpg
    injun2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,104
  • injun3.jpg
    injun3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,111
  • roy.jpg
    roy.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,109
  • herkyroy.jpg
    herkyroy.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,102
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: She was sittin' a long ways away from the GREEEEEN Injun'

Cool adventure ,coins, and dog . I like the Indian shot in the dirt :thumbsup: Glad you had a great day :thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wtg sounds like a nice relaxing day , the finds arent bad either , lol looks like ole Hercules had a good day to .

HH Tank :icon_thumright:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Congrats on the seated coin. I know how you feel. I can't see without my reading glasses. I can read something across the room but not up close.
Dman
PS

Where's the memorial penny

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.

Nice Seated. Hope the Indian turns out o.k. for you after a soaking.

Bob

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

skierbob said:
Nice Seated. Hope the Indian turns out o.k. for you after a soaking.

Bob
Thanks Bob

Dman said:
Congrats on the seated coin. I know how you feel. I can't see without my reading glasses. I can read something across the room but not up close.
Dman
PS

Where's the memorial penny
Thanks D. I guess I should haveshown a closeup of the penny ;D :icon_thumleft:

Tank69 said:
wtg sounds like a nice relaxing day , the finds arent bad either , lol looks like ole Hercules had a good day to .

HH Tank :icon_thumright:
Thanks Tank. Herky goes on every hunt with me. :headbang:

CMDiamonddawg said:
Cool adventure ,coins, and dog . I like the Indian shot in the dirt :thumbsup: Glad you had a great day :thumbsup:
Thanks CM :icon_thumleft:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome hund buddy!!! :icon_pirat:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice digs love them hunted out parks!!! MR TUFF

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on those sweet finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Seated silver is primo

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WAY TO GO AWESOME FIND COOL :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 4264ba129e7a2fa41268853223.gif
    4264ba129e7a2fa41268853223.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 886
  • 4264ba129e7a2fa41268853223.gif
    4264ba129e7a2fa41268853223.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 865

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt there Bryce ! Man the day I find my first seated anything , and my first Indian -
you'll probably be one of the very first to hear about it ! A day out with your dog and your
buddy , and your finding 100 + year old goodies - It just don't get much better than that .
Rock on ! Argentium.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

WTG again, Bryce!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

A seated and an Indian! Plus, fun with a buddy! Excellent hunt!

I really want to give Hercules a good ear-rub! :)

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250

Bryce,

WTG buddy!! It is so good to get out and hunt! That is really all that counts. I finally have been able to get out the past week. It is so SWEET. It doesn't really matter what you find - it's all in the hunt. Congrats on your finds. Best of luck the rest of the year, too!

HH,

Dr. Ace

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Dang near missed your post Bryce. Glad I got to it. That is a nice green Injun. You always grab those deep ones. Cool pics Buddy. Nice to hunt with a friend too. Congrats. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

john2009 said:
WAY TO GO AWESOME FIND COOL :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks John

SkyPirate said:
Thanks SP :icon_thumleft:

Merf said:
Congrats on those sweet finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Seated silver is primo
Thanks Merf. I wish it would pop out more often.

Mr Tuff said:
nice digs love them hunted out parks!!! MR TUFF
;D Me too brother :wink: :headbang:

TreasureFiend said:
Awesome hund buddy!!! :icon_pirat:
Thanks Fiend :icon_thumleft:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

silverfreak said:
Met up with a pretty good feller" today to do a little diggin'...and he got to meet my hunting buddy Hercules :icon_thumleft:

We had no choice but to pound this old sad park one more time. :icon_sunny:

I didn't care if I found anything or not...I was just looking for some peace and relaxing hunt time with a really good guy.

I hunted over 2 hours before I dug my first coin...and it turned out to be a 9" deep memorial cent in fill dirt ;D...so we moved to a different spot.
Notice I don't show a pic of that great find :headbang: ;D

Another 30 minutes passed before I finally got a peep through the falsing and nulling that caught my attention.

From right at 10" down came the seated dime. I knew I had silver when it came out...but had no idea what it was until Roy looked at it. You see...he had on some glasses :D...but I didn't...he also rubbed most of the mud off before we could see the date.

After that... nothing more...but at least I did get one sweet keeper...and got to meet and hunt with a fellow hunter. :hello2:

After that I headed home...but decided to take the long way and hit one more park. ::)

After an hour or so I got a very deep, goofy sounding signal :icon_scratch: that I thought had a shot at being an injun'.

I dug a very deep plug in the moist, muddy ground...but the probe was still sounding off to the bottom side....so I had to widen the hole some.

BEFORE some of you hammer me for digging a nasty hole ;D....please realize this ground had been plowed in the recent past and there was NO way to properly cut a plug. :dontknow: I had no choice but to dig it out in clumps and pile it on my towel in order to PROPERLY fill and repair the hole once I was done. :icon_thumleft:

From very DEEEEEP as the pics show...out came this clump with a gorgeous GREEN as green gets....Injun' sticking out the side :icon_thumleft:

I normally don't take my camera with me...but had it today so I could take a pic of Roy...so I grabbed it and snapped the 3 shots of this baby.

As you can see...the depth was well over the length of the probe :hello2:....and you can clearly see the detail of the feathers in the headdress from 3 feet away :wink:

I have this critter soaking in olive oil right now...so maybe after a few days I can post some pics of how it came out.

To hunt the whole day for 2 coins...oh yeah...3 if you count the 9" deep memorial cent :laughing9: ;D...might not seem worth it to some of you...but it sure was fun. :icon_thumleft:

I'll say this again too...it seriously wouldn't have mattered if the silver would have been a roosie instead of a seated.....SILVER is SILVER...and I'd have been just as happy :hello:

After the long day...my buddy Hercules hit his bed pillow at the bottom of the stairs while I typed up my post :hello:
cool stuff bryce!!! ,,,still thinking about a mine lab :icon_scratch:,,,,may just have to give one a try,,they are silver killers for sure!!!

art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread