1913 2 1/2 and 1902 5 dollar gold pieces found!!

cchunter

Feb 28, 2009
Brewster, Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was cleaning out a house out and in the attic I found a box of old coins. :headbang: I almost sh!t my self when I looked in the box and saw gold. I have found coins and jewelry before but nothing gets your heart pumping like gold coins!!! Its about half us and foreign. Wheat pennys, 3 indian heads, silver 1899 two shilling, gold 1913 2 1/2 dollar and a 1902 5 dollar gold. Can you tell me the value of the gold ones? Would of like to of found them with my metal detector, but still a great find!!
100_1011.jpg
100_1012.jpg

Scan100780000.jpg

Scan100780001.jpg

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have said more but i had to get a Drool rag!!!!!!! Congrats on some beautiful coins!!!!!! Banner vote from Chug!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
It doesn't matter if you found them with a detector or not....."You" found them!!

Wow, that's a very strange mix of old coins in that box. Not one American silver coin in the whole mix, yet there's 2 American gold coins and a bunch of pennies. :icon_scratch:

Great attic find! Was this an abandoned home?

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
cchunter

cchunter

Feb 28, 2009
Brewster, Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The owners of the house have passed away and the family need the house cleaned out so it could be sold. I got paid to clean it out, still not done. thanks for the banner votes I've never got one before. I'm psyched!!

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
Wow congrats, I'm sure that would have really got my heart pumping! :headbang:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
cchunter said:
The owners of the house have passed away and the family need the house cleaned out so it could be sold.

Aren't you going to tell that family what you found? You said they paid you to clean out the house....If you do, you'd probably get honorable mention on the forum.

HH,
CAPTN SE

OP
OP
cchunter

cchunter

Feb 28, 2009
Brewster, Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
cchunter said:
The owners of the house have passed away and the family need the house cleaned out so it could be sold.

Aren't you going to tell that family what you found? You said they paid you to clean out the house....If you do, you'd probably get honorable mention on the forum.

HH,
CAPTN SE
No they just want the house cleaned out so they can get there $1.2 mill for it.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Wow, what a day....although I would tell them about the find and see what they say. Not sure if I could keep that to myself. Just my thought of course. Still one heck of a find. jgas

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cchunter said:
Captn_SE said:
cchunter said:

Aren't you going to tell that family what you found? You said they paid you to clean out the house.... If you do, you'd probably get honorable mention on the forum.

HH,
CAPTN SE
No they just want the house cleaned out so they can get there $1.2 mill for it.

Sounds like the old "greedy grandkids" routine. They would probably want those coins, too.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgas said:
Wow, what a day....although I would tell them about the find and see what they say. Not sure if I could keep that to myself. Just my thought of course. Still one heck of a find. jgas

me to :icon_thumright:

squidman

Mar 21, 2009
rhode island
Detector(s) used
ace 250
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww great find.they look to be in beautiful condition to boot.congrats on a job well done.who knows what else awaits u when u go back to finish.i would mention the finds though unless the job is a trash cleanout and they aren't keeping anything.but thats ur call.banner for sure. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure if they found out about the loot they would be very curious to see it.

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just noticed any of those 1955 wheats Double dies?

OP
OP
cchunter

cchunter

Feb 28, 2009
Brewster, Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave them a cheep price in exchange that I keep any thing I find or want to keep, sell ect. They went threw the house and took what they wanted. I returned family photos, GF dog tags. They are mine end of story.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner all day long. Congrats CC, what a find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread