A few bullets (not civil war) a merc and religious pendant

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are actually finds I made on Friday but didn't have a chance to post til today. The whole week was beautiful in the 70's until friday night. It started to snow and got down in the 20's (just in time for the weekend :angry5:) and snowed all day saturday and was cold and wet on Sunday. I hunted and old lot that I've found a 1916 barber and some old costume jewejry that I posted maybe last year or the year before. The 1920 merc was a bouncy signal but hit mostly good tones so I dug about 7" or 8" down and there it was all bright and shiney.Then I found this tiny brass religious pendant about five feet away. The bullets were close by in the sorrounding wooded areas. It was surprising to find the bullets because this area is just 20 feet or so from the street in a residential area, and it's been a residential area for well over a 100 years. I think they're pretty old seeing how everything else there seems to be around the same age but if anyone has anymore info it would be appreciated. I know the bigger casings are a remington UMC .38 colt and a U.S. .38 smith & wesson. The smaller one looks like a .22 or .25 with a "P" for a backstamp but I now nothing more about it. Nothing spectacular but it was nice to get out. Thanks for reading.
HH
John

Attachments

• 3-19-10.jpg
    3-19-10.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very nice finds. I have found a lot of those long metal shotgun like shells. I don't know how old they are, but back in the 60's and 70's when I use to hunt, shotgun shells were made of short metal end with cardboard shaft, then they started using plastic in the 70's.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job buddy!!! :icon_pirat: