INCREDIBLE CW FINDS...

L

lovedigging

I was invited to DIV-14 (Digging in VA) this weekend, which is a 3 day event. I chose to only dig the first 2 days. The first day it rained all day and the winds blew 30 mph. Alot of people had gone back to sit in their vehichles, but I had located a good spot so I toughed it out. Everything you see in the 1st photo was dug that first day except the clay pipe and lock plate. Any info on the piece that looks like a "clover" would be greatly appreciated. Corp badge?
The second day I got in with a group that was digging trash pits. Everything was very deep (about 4-5 feet) but worth it. After hours of digging, I finally found the back of a bottle. Another 20 minutes and I had my first Cathedral pickle bottle. A short time later I uncovered my first inkwell and it was clay. I was very excited! Throughout the day I uncovered the other 4 bottles, The lock plate and clay pipe. I dug 3 more deep holes that ended up with nothing, but still had an incredible, if exhausting, day! Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• weekend finds.jpg
    weekend finds.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,036
  • what is it.jpg
    what is it.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • bottles.jpg
    bottles.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • pickle jar.jpg
    pickle jar.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • clay ink well.jpg
    clay ink well.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,016
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Todd, I knew if anyone would have a good hunt there, it would be you. I really like the plate and pipe. According to others we have have talked to who went on that hunt, you did VERY well. WTG Buddy & HH.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Had a GREAT DIV......Me....only LESS THAN TEN FEET FROM YOU......well.....not so good :dontknow: :dontknow:

You know it was hit or miss with those holes and the latrine and I just missed gettin into the good stuff. I told you

I tell everybody how awesomely lucky you are and this just PROVES it!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Congrats Todd, and it was awesome seeing you again and hangin out....that was the best part of this DIV for me...\

hanging out with friends :wink: :wink: :wink: :icon_thumleft:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent recoveries TC. :hello2: Those photos say it all.
4-5 feet deep? My detector only finds stuff at about 12" max. ;D
Congrats,
MM

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds :icon_thumleft: that clay pipe looks like you could use it today Good digs Dd60

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still looking for my first plate. That is one cool day of diggin'

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Thats all I got too say. :thumbsup:

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds buddy. Shure was wet those first few hours. You and rocky had a great hole that produced some great finds for sure.

Hutch

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heck of a day. Congrats on your finds :thumbsup:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: But I like the bottles the best just cause I've done it alot. :wink: But those cathedral pickle bottles can bring big $$ or at least they use to. Not seen or sold none in awhile now so not sure what they go for now and days.Like the little umbrella ink,and the other ink as well made of earthenware it looks like.Very neat bottle finds for sure!Might want to check on the cathedral pickle! :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete :hello:
Pickle bottles and jars first appeared around 1860; the early examples have pontiled bases. The most popular style amongst collectors is the cathedral with fancy gothic styled sides as shown in the picture to the right. Common in aqua, the rarer examples in yellow and green command high prices and are very sought after by collectors.

A amber one that sold for $44,100 in 1999 on ebay!
But it's because of the amber color that brought the price.Funny thing is the guy brought it for only $3 now that's a return I'd say! :D

Attachments

• AmberPickle[1].jpg
    AmberPickle[1].jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 696
OP
OP
L

lovedigging

GvilleDigger said:
nice finds....did you guys dig the area first then use detectors??....GD
GD, We had hunted the area last march and found a latrine. It produced alot of bottles, The area behind it was all woods and briars, You pretty much had to cut the briars away and just start digging a hole. It was alot of work but everyone had a blast...

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Wow some cool finds. Does the mustard jar have an eagle or any markings? If so it is as good as the cathedral. The Cathedral books for about $150 or so the mustard unmarked about $40 or $50. Marked about $150.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG those are some incredible finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions