First Real Hunt Of The Year. BIG GOLD

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Got out pretty much for the opener of the year. Started out in a cornfield but got board quickly and decided to take a ride to New Paltz to hit a old farm house I got permission for but never got around to. Started to rain as soon as I got there. Only spent about a hour there. The property is HUGE. Has 6 old foundations on it and one was a saw mill. Circled around the front of the house and got the normal Wheaties etc. Got over by the gate that separated the yard to a field and got a deep solid tone. Dug it up and it was a old waltham pocket watch with its chain still. Kinda cool but I find them all the time. Always plated so I tucked it in my pocket and moved on. Found a few roosies and the normal boring stuff. Got this cool button with a clam pattern on it. Found a Flying eagle penny in the cornfield I went to first. Well when I got home I realized I lost my digital camera. Not a big deal I only paid a dollar for it at a yard sale. Was very happy though when I opened the back of the watch and saw the 14K stamped in the case with the normal gold symbols. Made the camera even less of a big deal. It weighs ALOT. Took the guts out and it weights 31.2 Grams with the chain. I will take some better pics when I go back for my camera. It will be ok it is in a case. I will be hitting this property for a few years. It is well over 60 acres with all sorts of outbuildings fields foundations etc.. The video is of the flying eagle penny I took it on my cell phone. The penny is beat to death all you can see on it is the eagles wings and slight head on front although the back looks pretty good..

Attachments

• IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, its going to take you a while to get through that property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread