My first ever..... diamonds! And gold!

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I was going over the playground yesterday, mostly looking for clad and cheap silver trinkets (been finding alot of those recently), and out popped an engagement ring! Well, let me rephrase that, its a ring known as an engagement ring, but it has a lip on it where the wedding band hooks into it, so its a piece of a set. At any rate, its a 1 carat princess cut diamond, with 16 little diamonds around it. I've tried in vane most the morning to take pictures of it, but my camera and close-ups don't go together. I've been detecting off and on for about 11 years or so, and this is my very first diamond of any real size, and only like my 3rd ever! The others were like dimond chips and one was 1/4. I am going to get ahold of the school before I do anything with it, just to see if any of the teachers might have lost it, then I might post it in the newspaper... I really hate that someone might have lost such a pretty ring.

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats crypto, it's always a shock to find something nice like that, especially a diamond ring!? Excellent find!? Keep trying on those pics, we'd love to see it.

HH!
TBGO

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ? ? :D? ? Thats a nice story , Plus to call the school and try to return it is a nice thing to? do.... A ring of that size and worth should have some initials in side ...Plus as you describe the ring it must be a beauty and I'm sure the person that lost it had Insurance on it and might have had it? already replaced? !!!? Great Find !!!? ? ? ? ? ?Seeker

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crypto,
I had a similar situation day after Christmas...found a 1/2 carat oval engagement ring with 6 princess cut stones in a school playground..3 inches down under the wood chips...attempted to find the owner..no luck.. Listed under Best finds forum if you wanna see it. Would love to see some pics of yours. bet its an eye buster !!! Good luck with yours..if no one identifies it or claims it..guess you have a good one on your hands...

Rockyredbaron

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still looking for the first playground diamond,It should come soon...Congratulation's and keep diggin'..HH!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great find Dave!

Hope you can find the owner!

;)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Dave,

WOW :o That sure made your day, huh?
Congrats :)

If you have a scanner, use that to scan ring.

Good luck,,, and I hope no one claims it ;)
HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That sounds like a great ring, Crypto. You're a good guy for trying to find the owner. :) Hope it works out for you either way! ;)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a real winner! Did you take it to a jeweler, or get a pic?

HH!
TBGO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread