Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the big barn today for a couple of hours. My gosh it was windy! First keeper was the 1945 Wheat in the front yard of the house. And as usual I didn't stay in the same area but for a few minutes. That pond looked like it might have something for the keeper pocket so I haphazardly wondered down to the waters edge to see what was there. Not much. Only got to hunt a small section...all the Momma's had their babies there and I didn't want to cause any excitement. :D Found fishing weights and two regular pennies and a regular nickle. :-\ One thing though....One of the things that I found that I think is a weight doesn't have anywhere for the string to go? It's the one on the left side of the picture. Came back up to the back side of the house and dug a really neat hinge. Maybe for a trunk? Has the numbers 408 3/8 on the back side. That was all for the keepers today..but I had a visitor come by and tell me lots of info about the area! ;) This morning I had been looking at the old maps of the neighborhood and there is an old church site just around the bend...and I found out the owner of the big barn happens to own that property too! ;) Gonna have to check that one out! ;D

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 02100602.JPG
    02100602.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 02100601.JPG
    02100601.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Nana! That hinge looks pretty old to me, but I'm no expert. And you got some wheaties too, which are always fun. Best of all, you got a history lesson from a local, which will hopefully pan out into more good finds! HH!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Nana glad you got out today.the weight's you have posted are "split shot's",they are crimped onto the line..the other's are "bullet weight's",the line slip's through the middle of the weight and are usually used for plastic worm's.Congrat's on the wheatie and the possible new site....HH!!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
Hey Nana glad you got out today.the weight's you have posted are "split shot's",they are crimped onto the line..the other's are "bullet weight's",the line slip's through the middle of the weight and are usually used for plastic worm's.Congrat's on the wheatie and the possible new site....HH!!

Hey Civil....I'm not a stranger to fishing....that's my second favorite hobby now... ;D ....and I know about the weights...but the one on the left doesn't have a "split"....but it looks like a weight... ??? Maybe its just so squished together I can't see it! :D

Thanks for the replies ya'll!!!

;)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that church site sounds promising. is the church still standing? you know i just have to say.............you really need to start spending more time gridding off those areas and hunting them to death! i know its hard to resist the urge to cover a lot of ground,but there could be some great coins you are missing. just a thought. ;) anyway........great post and nice digs! i hope you find some awesome things at the church. i cant wait to hear about it!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
civilman1 said:

Hey Civil....I'm not a stranger to fishing....that's my second favorite hobby now...? ;D ....and I know about the weights...but the one on the left doesn't have a "split"....but it looks like a weight...? ??? Maybe its just so squished together I can't see it!? :D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thanks for the replies ya'll!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;)

" You getta line ,Ill getta pole, lets head down to the fishin hole." Looks like theres some Bass in that there pond Nana.Cool finds and good luck on yer church adventure.HH

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha! That's a good one Jimmy! Come on over...we'll go fishin!

Hey Red......I know..... :-\ This place is hard to hunt though. There's cow poop everywhere! I have to skip half the area most of the time. :-\ And I don't know if the church is still standing....you can't see the site from the road...I don't think it is though. He also told me today that there was an old house next to the church at one time too...and there is an old cemetery....but I don't want to hunt the cemetery. ;)

Thank you Sherm! ;)

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds Nana! The hinge is purty! My last hunt I couldn't even coax a wheat out of the ground but at least I got out. Isn't it funny how sites multiply? You bring up in conversation where you've been and what you do and many times the other person will say "you know, there used to be an old ......".

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
NANA, Has Been Cold Here, Looks Like Rain in The Morning, But I Will Try To Get Out Tomorrow Eather The Beach Or A CW Skirmish Site as Art Has Family Obligations I Will Be Solo. Congrats, On Your Nice Finds. Best of Luck & Good Hunting. trk58capt... 8)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know something Nana ,I think that Church site is gonna be pay dirt for you !!! Your over due to hit that area that is gonna give up a bunch of nice pieces ...So good luck in your next outing!!! Seeker ;)

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Cool finds Nana! I think your rain is headin' our way.

take care,

tb

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL we need rain here!!! Neat finds Nana and way to brave the wind and rain. Sounds like that area has lots more to search. HH Burdie

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nana! That old church sounds promising. HH, Mike

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice finds Nana. That does look like a trunk hinge you found there.It's quite ornate.
Good luck to you at the church and old house site.It probably wouldn't hurt to check out that old cemetary to. You're not afraid of ghosts are ya ? HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions