1753 PILLAR One Reale (NEW PICS)

U

umrgolf

:headbang: :headbang: Yes!! the J-team(Sentinel and myself) scored our second 1753 pillar one reale in two weeks ;D (Josh's was in comparable shape, but holed) This was found at a NEW site which is nothing more than a big vacant lot in the middle of town... I dug somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 pieces of trash, but knew it would pay off since it was both a union and confederate camp.. I was more than shocked to see spanish silver come out of the ground today. It gave a copper penny reading at 4 inches and when I popped the plug the signal disappeared. I looked down and removed a small piece of iron and BAM the signal was back.. Expecting to reach down and pick up my 1970 penny, I couldn't believe the silver disc I was looking at.. Also today, I dug my first Enfield bullet along with 4 .69 caliber bullets and a few other odds and ends..

NEW PICS-Mine on LEFT, Josh's on RIGHT (notice we have different mintmarks.. mine is mexico city and Josh's has an I w/ a dot over it next to an M ??? ) Thank you MackayDon :headbang: :headbang: The mintmark on Josh's is Lima, Peru :headbang:
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG

1753 one reale before cleaning
IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

Group shot before clean
IMG_0058.JPG

1 Enfield, 4 .69 caliber bullets, 1 .58 cal, 4 musketballs, 1 Spencer casing
IMG_0067.JPG

lantern parts
IMG_0071.JPG

unknown brass ???
IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

silver after cleaning
IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

:icon_thumleft: HH Jeff

Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Kirk PA said:
WooooHOOOOOO, you dug what we all seek every weekend! :headbang: :notworthy: The J-Team is top-notch and will compete with KKC. :dontknow: :headbang: We hunt the same kind of sites, so it will be fun to see who finds what. You guys have always been my friends on here and I hope you all have a great year. It looks to be a dandy already!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Thanks Kirk, you know it! We've been friends since the beginning of TNet and will be for a long time to come......

A little friendly competition is good for both KKC and J-Team ;D :wink: It's funny that we went out to a site last

week and I dug the SAME EXACT type of reale with the same date! Here it is:

You can clearly see this is a different Reale as its holed....Jeff's isn't
1753 Pillar Reale (3).JPG
1753 Pillar Reale (4).JPG
P1010953.JPG
Go figure...its pretty nuts

Me and Jeff have definitely been on a steak the past 3 weeks.....you know how it goes....you're either on fire or your

in the slump......but its always great to start the season off with a bang :wink:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Jeff!!! You definitely have a HOT HAND lately. I figured Josh would recognize the toe tap. Does your Enfield have a base mark in the cavity? Congrats, Quindy.

I did tell him....I knew EXACTLY what it was ;D :wink:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

Good finds for you. Sounds like your persistence is paying off big time. I am learning I need more to start making the good finds as well. Watching guys like you just keeps my fire burning and my patience high.

easttndigger

Mar 25, 2010
Kingsport ,TN
Detector(s) used
Whites vision, MXT

the brass piece with the holes under it with the lantern parts.....i found that exact piece at a colonial homesite in east TN i never was able to figure out what it was

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

Actually,,,,his last silver was a Seated Half Dime.. ;D ;D not too shabby....I would've preferred that almost more than

the KG Ferdin One Reale that I dug the same day ;D :wink: :wink: :wink:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet Reale! :thumbsup:

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds

Nice finds, Spanish silver is always sweeet!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

DMN said:
Good finds for you. Sounds like your persistence is paying off big time. I am learning I need more to start making the good finds as well. Watching guys like you just keeps my fire burning and my patience high.

Thank you, I appreciate this reply.. It's always nice to hear from someone that I'm an inspiration :thumbsup: Keep at it, it's all about persistance and not expecting anything.. Everytime I expect a site to be amazing, it's a dead end and the ones I just come across by luck turn out to have nice things.. ;D

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

cntrydncr1 said:
congrats Jeff!! awesome coin!

thank u deb, i told u there wouldnt be any metal left in the ground when u got here :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

{Sentinel} said:
Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

Actually,,,,his last silver was a Seated Half Dime.. ;D ;D not too shabby....I would've preferred that almost more than

the KG Ferdin One Reale that I dug the same day ;D :wink: :wink: :wink:

No need to explain yourself, its just IP :laughing9: :laughing9:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good One buddy and in a place you didn't exspect it to be. Gotta like that! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: You two have been doing very well swinging them detectors lately. :thumbsup:
Pete! :hello:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

timekiller said:
Good One buddy and in a place you didn't exspect it to be. Gotta like that! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: You two have been doing very well swinging them detectors lately. :thumbsup:
Pete! :hello:

Thanks Pete, we've been very fortunate as of late.. Anytime you can come up with some quality finds without having to do any research feels good. :D Good to hear from you

sneaky6 said:
You guys are tearing it up!! Nice digs!! Keep it up!! Any base mark on that Enfield?

Sneaky6

unfortunately no marks :-\ Thanks for the compliment :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Green1 said:
Ya gotta love finding them reales !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yep, that was my first pillar style!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o Fantastic relics & the silver coin is reale nice :tongue3: Happy Easter :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
:o Fantastic relics & the silver coin is reale nice :tongue3: Happy Easter :icon_pirat:

The t-net jester chimes in :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Thanks Dawg, Happy Easter right back at you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread