Yesterdays finds...

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Yesterday's finds...

Went back to the foundation site that I've been working for a while now. Found the usual assorment of bottlecaps and other unidentifiable junk. Found the wheel thing barely covered by dirt, a wheel barrow wheel perhaps? 2nd Picture: I don't know if that is a ring or not, it is copper colored with some silver/metal looking discoloration on part of it, no karat marks or anything like that. It would probably fit on a ladies ring finger. I found it in an area where I've been finding all of the coins on this particular site. I don't think it's a cut off piece of copper pipe or anything because it doesn't show any signs of being cut. Coins found were 1941 Jefferson nickle, two 1952 wheats, the 1917 mercury dime I found last week (didn't post then as it was a single find that day). Last picture: my wife said the pearl looking thing under the knife looked like an earring or a broach.

tb

Attachments

• wheel.JPG
    wheel.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 234
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 1917mercury.JPG
    1917mercury.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 241
  • bottles.JPG
    bottles.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

don

Jan 21, 2005
Re: Yesterday's finds...

Looks like a good site

thanks for the pics

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

TB,

sounds like and interesting location.

Nice group of finds.

have a good un............

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice finds. I heard once that some barber shop bottles had brass rings up on the neck and some folks would use these as wedding bands. Times were tuff!

HH

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice find's TB...Definetley an older site,keep at it.Too bad about the old wheel,could have made a nice addition to the the front stoop.Congrat's on the 17' and the other's,this place is worth lookin' into.Good luck and HH!!

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro

nice finds. I found a ring at an old site at about 4 inches that I think is tin because it's really light. Looks like a weddling band though. This site dates back to the mid 1800s... HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That wheel is from an old hand plow. I have a couple of them in my garden. Keep on searching that site. There's bound to be more goodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread