Key Date Barber Dime!

OhioCoinHunter

Feb 15, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil
It's been a tough week but I've managed to find a few neat things - one of them being a key date Barber dime.

I've combined finds from three different sites I hunted this week. Earlier this week I hunted a park that I hoped would be a new honey hole. The only good find there was a 1943 Mercury dime. I was happy I left with something good. Otherwise it would have been a bust.

Yesterday I hunted an area that used to be a popular campground long ago. My first good find there was a 1941D Mercury dime. The next find was the stem of a razor and a top piece in the same hole. In another hole I found the third piece of the razor. I thought that was pretty cool. I took the razor home, cleaned the pieces up in heated peroxide and then hoped they would all fit together. They did. I ended up with a complete antique razor! It's a keeper.

This morning I hunted a grass field a buddy told me about. He said kids have been playing ball there forever. "You should find something there," he said. I headed there with high hopes but it turned out to be a tough hunt. Everything I dug turned out to be the usual clad, memorials and just a couple of wheats. This site, just like the others I hunted this past week, has been hunted to death. Bummer. I then decided to only dig signals 5 inches or deeper. I ignored everything until I got a peep of a high toned signal. It was on the iffy side, but that peep repeated from every direction. I dug it up and was nicely surprised with an 1894O Barber dime! It is a nice period to end a tough week on. After I got home later this morning, I looked the dime up in an old Coin Prices magazine and learned it is a key date Barber dime.

Happy Hunting!
Dan

Below are a few pics and a video:

Razor, 1894O Barber Dime, 1941D & 1943 Mercury Dimes
4508537769_ba2c2a9507.jpg

Close-up of coins
4508538897_cf9651b257.jpg

Key Date 1894O Barber Dime!
4509179440_2cbf00c77b.jpg

4508540425_83d34377ef.jpg

Video

Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Key Date! Congrats..Hogge :headbang:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds Dan, love the barber!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting and good video !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

I found one of those razors !! :hello2:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds....Matt

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks as good as mine !!!!! nice find!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Great finds and thanks for the vid. made for cool watching on a sunday morning.

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Yep that is one cool razor, I love the quality of old stuff like that. Nice silver also grats on those too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread