49.9 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Tokens are always a great addition to any collection.
Newt

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Sorry. I can't tell you anything about the token but they are always fun to find more so than coins sometimes.

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Re the black marble..

Hold that marble up to a strong light. See if there's any green in it. Subject it to UV light if you have a UV light. If the marble is pitch black thru and thru it was probably an old game marble used in Chinese checkers,etc.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's the history of your Filice and Perrelli company.
http://www.oac.cdlib.org/view?docId...v00023&toc.depth=1&toc.id=div00023&brand=oac4

And another pic of your token:
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/175918-tokens-preserve-gilroys-history

And here's an excerpt from a long narrative regarding the company's history that mentions a token. Whether or not its the same token, I can't tell.
"Clausen worked at F&P in Richmond both before and after the war.When she started in the 1930s much of the work was done by hand, and the women were paid on a piecework basis. At the height of the season theymight work ten to twelve hours a day for a few dollars. "You would get a lugof fruit and a little TOKEN (my emphasis) with it. Each token represented a box, and it was so much a box. It was piecework, the faster you worked, of course, the more you could make. When you started making pretty good money -'Oh boy, maybe five dollars, today' - the next day you would come in, the price had been cut to such and such and you didn't make any more than before" (Clausen1990:60).
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread