An odd mix from local woods - Anyone kow how to unlock an IPOD?

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Hit a couple p[arks and a couple patches of woods near the house this weekend. I scored a mixture of goodies. $16+ in change, an 8gig IPOD, a childs gold ring, a 1973 Metro token (Washington DC), a shovel (not pictured), a few Arrows (not pictured, and what appears to be a zinc disc with Egyptian images on it. the disc seems to be old and came from a patch of woods that has residence, church activity since approx 1760 and even a Civil War picket. Not sure if it dates that far but an odd find. Anyone know if the IPOD might have the owners info inside or how to unlock it without a pass code so I can check? I posted several notices with my phone number in the area I found it but no response so far. Thanks for looking

IMG_2613_rs.jpg
IMG_2614_rs.jpg
IMG_2615_rs.jpg
IMG_2616_rs.jpg
IMG_2617_rs.jpg
IMG_2618_rs.jpg
IMG_2620_rs.jpg

Upvote 0

OldNorthwest

Sep 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Minelab Exporer SE
I believe that Ipod has a touch screen, and if you place your finger on the arrow and slide it to the right it will unlock it.

Nice finds!

OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
OldNorthwest said:
I believe that Ipod has a touch screen, and if you place your finger on the arrow and slide it to the right it will unlock it.

Nice finds!
I did that but it wants a 4 digit code to unlock, guess I have 1000 possibilities...

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try taking the Batt out. If that doesn't work go to your nearest Apple store and ask. They are usually very helpful!!

OldNorthwest

Sep 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Minelab Exporer SE
*Dig-Dug* said:
OldNorthwest said:

Nice finds!
I did that but it wants a 4 digit code to unlock, guess I have 1000 possibilities...
Haha, I should have read your first post more carefully. Good luck with unlocking it!

Swingit

Apr 29, 2007
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
Nice Finds!!
Its a 2ed Gen :icon_thumright:
I have that app its Waterside Extreme ;D
Somebody took a snapshot for their background while playing.
I have no idea how to unlock it, I never lock mine.
Good luck!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that you can unlock it without resetting it - which would wipe out all the info inside it and defeat the purpose. Best is to post it on Craig's list and wait.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
It looks like someone set a lock code. If so, start with 0000 and have fun.
Newt

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The apple store can un lock it and maybe find the owner since it was just lost and still has power. Good chance you can return it. Good luck !

kory1

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2009
Nice finds!
[/quote]I did that but it wants a 4 digit code to unlock, guess I have 1000 possibilities...

[/quote]

Unfortunately you have 10,000 possibilities. 0-9,999
And no way to get in without the code or resetting which wipes it.
No battery to take out.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats....so what number are you on? 3461, 3462, 3463.........

My game plan....place a piece of masking tape on the back. While watching playoff hockey I would enter codes during commercials and intermissions. At the end of each break I would write the last number I entered on the masking tape. Once you get the code change it to something you will remember the pull the tape off.

NJ

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
My daughter accidently locked her Ipod once. All she had to do was hook it up to Itunes and that took care of it.

it may have only worked since she hooked up to her own Itunes i.e. the one she normally syncs too, I don't know if it will work for the one you found--however it's worth a try since as someone already mentioned, itunes is free to download.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey great finds, You can reset the POD by holding the home button(the big one in the middle) and the one on the top right of the POD at the same time. I would do this and start again after a few attempts. Try the combos I have listed below and one of them should work unless the person put some time into it, but Its probably a kids being only an 8 gig and theyre not to complex these days.

Most common combos used:

**** common default(closest to thumbs, lazy man default, LOL)
#### common default(closest to thumbs, lazy man default, LOL)
##**
**##
###*
***#
0000 common default
1234 common default
4321 common default reverse
7777 most common used 4 digit, try all other 4 digit combos 1111, 2222 etc...
0214 valentines day
1225 christmas
1379 Corners
9137 corners reverse
13*#
#13*
2580 straight row
0852 straight row reverse
369#
147*
Your area code plus a 0 in front and behind it Example area code 386=0386, 3860
Any 11 series 1101, 1102, 1103 November birthdays are common due to Valentines day being 9 months from November, get it? Most common birthday month.

One of these should get it,
Ethical Hacking Certified.

Crackbadger

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
If its anything like my Iphone, you have 3 trys and then it locks up for a minute. If you keep failing the code it will lock up for up to an hour. Could take days to crack it. Just hook it up to itunes. Very nice find. There may be info on it to track down the owner. If it has any music from a band called ICP just keep it. The owner was a retard.

U

umrgolf

*Dig-Dug* said:
OldNorthwest said:

Nice finds!

9,999 :laughing7:

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here is the way to reset the password
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread