Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, been busy the last week and have been out too my gold mine site in the forrest. Most days i wouldn,t see another soul and would only hear the odd car on the road above the gully.Well was that too change on Sunday morning. Left my truck on the top hill and walked about half mile down to the digging along the creek.Plugged my Gpx 4500 on and went too auto tune. Takes about 2 minutes to scan all 260 settings. Too the left of me i could here people yelling. Took me about a minute to realize that these persons were yelling at me. :dontknow: :dontknow: Yes there was 2 of them with some type of VLF md. When i turned my gpx on it , sort of up set their VLF unit. well the abuse kept coming so i i tuned my Gain up too Max and pointed straight at them. :laughing9: :laughing9: That should stir them up a bit more. LOL. Yes it sure did. More bad mouthing. I turned my md off and walked down to my side of the creek and had my say. These 2 where first on land that is no for hunting , part of a regrowth forrest. Second they had the car on it too. thats a no no too. They where using a type of md that no good in heavy hot rock ground.Then i told them i hope you got a miner right . That did the trick Seem too leave in a hurry. I thought i had got rid of them but i hadn,t noticed the ranger truck coming down the hill on my side. By the time he pulled up they where gone and he had no hope of catching up to them.Got to drive 5 miles round to get on the other side of the creek. The ranger asked if i had got the truck plate number, i hadn,t taken any notice. He asked to see my Miner right which was current and in order and left. So if you think that down under we don,t have those who give mding a bad name .Well we do. Thats the fourth time this year i have had problems with others. Only got 3 small pieces of gold for the day but my April finds at starting to get close to a half an OZ .

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0525.JPG
    100_0525.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 883
  • 100_0524.JPG
    100_0524.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 889
Upvote 0

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
On fire as usual! Great looking gold!

Nice to know your rights, lucky this is Oz, if it was US would have been a shoot out!

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to love that color :icon_thumleft: nice digs Dd60
Never leave home without it .

Attachments

• SW .500 mag..jpg
    SW .500 mag..jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 683

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bit colour there buddy, too bad that trash was bothering you.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tinpan Enjoyed The Thread 8) Glad you did get a chance ,to find some gold, after all those distractions. :headbang:

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nice color, Tinpan. A little distraction once in a while keeps us on our toes and reminds us to be careful out there. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread