have you seen one of these beauties before?

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Family pictures.jpg
    Family pictures.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,201
Upvote 0

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
What a waste!! Lets spend money on useless coins that cost more to produce than face value. Hmmmmm....... lets keep digging that government debt with dumb projects like new pennies, way to go Washington!!

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those a few days ago. the first time I seen them. Didnt they just get done making three new designs on the pennies here recently? I kinda agree.... pointless..

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't take a brand new 2010 penny and ruin it in the dirt. That's what those shiny 2008 pennies are for. Instead, put it in a 2x2 cardboard holder and give it to some kid. Tell him they are rare. He won't know the difference and you'll make his day. That's what I do for my kids and my nephews. They love their crazy uncle that gives them rare coins. Of course, they especially love the buffalo nickels, liberty nickels, indian heads, and mercury dimes. But the occasional penny that looks different is always appreciated. And it costs you nothing to do. :icon_thumleft:

Wayupnorth66

Mar 26, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
mts said:
Please don't take a brand new 2010 penny and ruin it in the dirt. That's what those shiny 2008 pennies are for. Instead, put it in a 2x2 cardboard holder and give it to some kid. Tell him they are rare. He won't know the difference and you'll make his day. That's what I do for my kids and my nephews. They love their crazy uncle that gives them rare coins. Of course, they especially love the buffalo nickels, liberty nickels, indian heads, and mercury dimes. But the occasional penny that looks different is always appreciated. And it costs you nothing to do. :icon_thumleft:

a great idea.....!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 2 rolls, they're great looking coins. they recently finished the 2009 Lincoln memorial cent series. That was 4 different designs. Have you found any of them in circulation?

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
yeah i got a roll of each 2009 design put away and a roll of the 2010 shield stashed as well. as far as it being in the dirt i am guessing on 6 years 3 months 5 days 16 hours 25 minutes 22 seconds.

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wayupnorth66 said:
mts said:

a great idea.....!
A good suggestion, thank you !!!
I'll use one of the 2008 and something like a 1964 to compare them !

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found about five of them in a totlot this weekend.

They were laying just under the wood chips by the swing. What amazed me was that these pennies
looked like they had been buried for 6 years.

If these things ever get buried they will probably dissolve like a vitamin in about a week :D

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dirt sounds like a great idea for the test but i would try river sand, the coins i find in the sand around here are a lot worse than theones in soil !!!! just add water once in a while!!!! :laughing9:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to my knowledge, great fines.
Like how I spelled that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread