good day to detect!!! Making it safe for the kiddies and a land shark Incident!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2634 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

good day to detect!!! Making it safe for the kiddies and a land shark Incident!

Started out this morning at the Columbia river a frenchmans bar park, hit the kiddie play area first and found about 1.00 in clad and several large shards of glass sticking up out of the sand!!! I always pick them up and throw them away when I'm leaving.
    the only one i kept was the one found at the bottom of the slide my coil hit it as i was pinpointing!!

The rest of the day was OK allot of clad, fishing sinkers, and some bikinis, until i was working my way toward the exit of the park and notice 2 guys that were watching me with too much interest!!!
    as i was working my way toward them they started to look nervous and talking allot more when i was 15 to 20 feet from them one of the walked up the slope of the bank a ways then started to work his way behind me!!!

When i noticed him working behind me I told his Friend in front of me that he better tell his friend to stop or i would beat his ass with my detector ( I don't speak Spanish but with my hearing aid in i knew the one in front spoke a little English) And then take care of him with the rusty knife i found. I pulled it out while saying this!!!

Just a reminder I am 6' 4 inches and weigh 240 pounds

I turned around and started towards the idiot behind me while keeping an eye on the other one and started to raise the detector when the guy that was in front of me told the other one to stop!!!!!

They both statred to walk away. up the beach!!!!

After shaking a little I noticed a fisherman that i gave several sinkers to waving me over!!!

So i lit a cig and walked the 50 feet to him. He asked me what was happening so i told him what i noticed he said Yep I noticed the same thing. he asked me if i would have really would have used my detector as a club on the second gut, My answer was Hell yes.

That is when he reached into his back pack and pulled out his 45 and said I had your back.

Tommrow i am investing In a very large digging Knife that will be Visable and with me every time i go detecting!!!!

Oops forgot the pic of the trash and the Knife

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	684 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	406926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	629 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	406958  
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2634 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: good day to detect!!! Making it safe for the kiddies and a land shark Incident!

I decided to post a pic of myself!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.JPG 
Views:	682 
Size:	403.2 KB 
ID:	406927  
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

Oct 2005
    Washington State
    DFX
    16 times

Re: good day to detect!!! Making it safe for the kiddies and a land shark Incident!

I usually pack a .45 with me for that very reason. I detect at odd hours, either very late, or very early, so I usually see "unusual" people. You must be getting some nice weather over on your side of the state.

Paul
    Friendship is like peeing your pants....... everyone can see it, but only you
    can feel the true warmth.

us
    Nov 2009
    Indiana
    ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster

former military and a corrections officer i always carry two types of weapons with me a s&w 9m and a hide away knife, then to top it off i don't carry ur average digging tool i carry a spade its big its heavy and it hurts like hell i also sharpen the sides and edge for when I'm in the woods and have thick brush and those pesky roots .................. call me crazy but when I'm out at odd hours, don't know who is out there looking for an easy target, thinking some dude with a MD is not going to give up a fight..............

happy hunting

PTM

Quote Originally Posted by Pull_tab_mike
    former military and a corrections officer i always carry two types of weapons with me a s&w 9m and a hide away knife, then to top it off i don't carry ur average digging tool i carry a spade its big its heavy and it hurts like hell i also sharpen the sides and edge for when I'm in the woods and have thick brush and those pesky roots .................. call me crazy but when I'm out at odd hours, don't know who is out there looking for an easy target, thinking some dude with a MD is not going to give up a fight..............

happy hunting

PTM
    Glad I detect this side of the pond, the only bad looks I have had is off the odd granny thinking I'm ruining the grass
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    I open my prezzies out of lumps of mud. 02/10/19
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

You guys that live in conceal carry states are lucky, all we can do here in Illinois is hit the bad guy over the head with our detectors !!! When will Illinois ever learn ?

us
    Mar 2010
    Miami Fla
    whites, 2011 cion master, Whites MXT 300
    1 times

I pack a 9mm Beretta , small stuff in Miami, but if there see it they will turn the other way.
    Frank and Roxana

it
    Mar 2008
    11 times
    Banner Finds (1)

i just carry a solid steel spade around 2.5 ft high so would make a good weapon..not that ive needed one yet

us
    Apr 2010
    1 times

sooo... question?

By 'Labdshark" what did you mean? These guys were looking to rob you of your gear and loot, maybe? Based on their tactics, sounds like you were right to be concerned. I'm brand new to this and I haven't carried anything yet - I actually hadn't given that even a thought (reading these forums can really teach you some things). I'm from NY and we can't carry firearms, but I do have access to snap open cop batons and chemical spray, both of which I think I am going to start bringing.
    2011 Silver totals:
    Franklin - 1
    Walkers - 5
    1964 - 6
    1965 - 2
    1966 - 2
    1967 - 3
    1968 - 6
    1969 - 5
    Silver Quarters- 30
    Silver Rosies- 21
    Mercs - 1
    Canadian Silver - '63 dime
    Wheaties - 127
    Canadian - $46.83
    Euros - $11.50
    Pounds - $12.70

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    2634 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by tenseventyfive
    sooo... question?

By 'Labdshark" what did you mean? These guys were looking to rob you of your gear and loot, maybe? Based on their tactics, sounds like you were right to be concerned. I'm brand new to this and I haven't carried anything yet - I actually hadn't given that even a thought (reading these forums can really teach you some things). I'm from NY and we can't carry firearms, but I do have access to snap open cop batons and chemical spray, both of which I think I am going to start bringing.
    You got it correct!! The ones who like to spoil your day by grabbing your detector and running off with it!!!

There are three parks here in Vancouver that I have never detected due to the fact i don't want to get attacked by a gang, drunk or a strung out druggie!

In 2.5 years this was the third attempt the first was a punk kid grabbing my detector and saying let me try, i said put it down or you will be trying out some broken bones, the second was a homeless guy crashing out of the trees i think that the beeping woke him up and he was just angry, a little trip landed him face first in the sand!!!

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

LOL Chug you need me an JuJu to come hunt with you lol we can go hit the bad parks lol the sight of the 3 of us an the word would be out lol.

Seriously I'm glad everything turned out ok , it just really pisses me off a person cant go out an hunt an relax withou having to watch out for this kinda crap.

Be Safe & HH Tank
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69 ™

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links