Silver Coinage Hunt By An Old Pool Site PA.

capri_auto

Apr 6, 2010
Great Video thanks for posting.

I hit a spot with similar soil today, powder dry. Hitting 1970's pennys at about 2 inches and nothing much deeper. House dates to late 1700s so I know the good stuff is there, just cant see it. Maybe after a rain?

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
capri_auto said:
Great Video thanks for posting.

I hit a spot with similar soil today, powder dry. Hitting 1970's pennys at about 2 inches and nothing much deeper. House dates to late 1700s so I know the good stuff is there, just cant see it. Maybe after a rain?

Wow, I never yet went to such an old site. Don't you dare give up on that site, the silver is there believe me.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver :icon_thumleft: i always found its a lot better detecting 2 days after a good deep rain Dd60

7). Hunt when the ground is wet.

The wetter the ground, the more depth you're going to get from your detector. We all know we're more likely to get an electrical shock when we're standing in water. This is because water is a much better conductor of electricity than is air.

Similarly, your metal detector's signal can penetrate deeper into the ground when the soil is moist, and on a wet day you can find coins that are too deep to detect when the ground is dry. (Note: the ground can on rare occasions be too wet, causing false signals. If this happens, turn your sensitivity control down).

Besides better depth, there are two added bonuses of metal detecting after a good rain. The ground is much easier to dig when it is wet, and the root system of the grass is less likely to be damaged by your digging.
http://www.thomasathomas.com/Getting_More_Depth_From_Your_Metal_Detector.htm

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice video :icon_thumright: congrats on the silver goodjob.gif

Attachments

• goodjob.gif
    goodjob.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 276

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread