Ok you colonial copper guys...heres some really old copper!!!! lol

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Got out a bit with my hunting buddy this last weekend even tho my back has been on the fritz :'( Last year in the late dry summer I had hunted an area an only managed to scrape out a few finds being what we call "preforms" of the copper culture, small copper blocks that have been hammered and made ready to form into copper tools. I told my buddy that now since we had some spring rains here that maybe we good get some more depth and possibly dig a few copper culture pieces. He was game so off we went and within a half hour I got a good solid copper signal and was rewarded with a gorgeous curved copper awl !!! wow what a beauty! That seemed to be the only find worthy of mentioning except for a couple of wheaties so off we went to spot 2 a old train depot spot I have hunted in the past with some success. started out a little slow but finally nailed a nice injun 1883, I quickly told my buddy to take my area and see hat he could do. after he finished going over it I decided to give it one quick pass and bingo injun 2! 1884. That ended our afternoon but had a great time. The other injun in the pic is a first for me....I found it the day before and spotted it just laying on top of the ground...who woulda thunk????? The other stuff is odds and ends I got, I especially like the arrowhead that someone had cut out of a piece of brass. It seem pretty old and was dug very deep???? makes ya wonder and why I love this hobby! Hope you all are making finds of a lifetime

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• curved awl 1.jpg
    curved awl 1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 629
  • curved awl 2.jpg
    curved awl 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 625
  • 3 lil injuns 1.jpg
    3 lil injuns 1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 624
  • junk 1.jpg
    junk 1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 608
  • junk 2.jpg
    junk 2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That arrowhead is sweeeeeeeeeeet! :icon_thumleft:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is absolutely amazing. 5,000 year old copper

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
creeper71 said:
just wondering is pic 1 an 2 a copper fish hook?

I believe the object is an awl measuring about 4 inches and was curved at the rear to form a handle making it easier to pierce objects. Its truly amazing on how sharp it still is and I think would preform very well still! They did make copper fish hooks but are much smaller, I have seen a few but have'nt yet found one of those here. Thanks creeper!

Slipperyjack47

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) Copper culture ..you are right on about OLD copper !! I like the points and spear heads that are also found near the Great Lakes and Wisconsin. Congrats on a seldom seen piece . Many more great finds 2 U :icon_pirat: CMDdawg

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Slipperyjack47 said:
creeper71 said:
just wondering is pic 1 an 2 a copper fish hook?

I believe the object is an awl measuring about 4 inches and was curved at the rear to form a handle making it easier to pierce objects. Its truly amazing on how sharp it still is and I think would preform very well still! They did make copper fish hooks but are much smaller, I have seen a few but have'nt yet found one of those here. Thanks creeper!

Slipperyjack47
Never even thoughtof a Awl... anyways you can see how sharp it is in your pics...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread