Railroad finds

L

lohi

Here are a few finds from my sundays hunt at the tracks. The item at the bottom right not sure but it is very heavy for its size looks like a rock and is copper color. This was my first hunt at the tracks. Hunted for about 3 hours or so decided to go back to the house to rest for a few. Decided to go to another part of the tracks where a bridge is over a wash. When I turned on my detector I heard a noise like a hundred baby birds. When I would get a beep the noise would get louder. I decided to see where the noise was coming from so I turned off my detector and the noise stooped. Could not find the BIRDS decided to hunt I turned on my detector the noise started again left it on to find the BIRDS??? NOT BATS!!! BATS!!! HUNDREDS OF BATS!!! BATS!!! It was getting dark and we know when BATS!!! fly I also know when its time to fly. Will go back.HH LOHI

Attachments

• Railroad Finds 2.jpg
    Railroad Finds 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds...great site you have there....and you have to look at it like this...with all those bats....there wont be one mosquito for miles!!!

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that's odd to find an airplane part by some train tracks.....cool finds

HH

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds lohi. It looks like the bats could hear the detector...maybe they thought you were a giant mosquito. ;)

HH!
TBGO

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Great finds, A lot of old tracks laid had date spike diven into the tie which corresponds as to when the tracks were laid. I'm not sure of the frequency but I do know they are sought out by collectors, HH Art...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread