Minelab Strikes Gold!

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi all,

Got out by myself early Saturday morning to beat the heat.

Hit a new area that neither my wife or I had hit before, was curious as to how the pickings would be there. I was happy to see it was a pretty virgin site as I started the day by popping quarters and dimes out of the ground. I'd swept most of the common areas and I was working a perimeter sweep to see what might be hiding in the outer edges of the area.

I got a nice clean nickle signal on my X-terra 305 that showed to be fairly shallow. My Garrett Pro Pointer was able to hit the target from the surface. I popped the plug out and knew right away what I had was real, it comes out of the ground just as pretty as it went in.

028.jpg

14K at 3.37 grams and complete with a little diamond right about where Dallas/Fort Worth is. First gold that I had found while hunting, needless to say, I was ecstatic.

I finished up that site and headed to another. Met up with my wife and kids at that site and proceeded to clean it out also.

Overall for the day it totaled up pretty decent. Three sites hit, one gold ring, several pieces of costume bling, and $7.71 in clad.

Semper Fi

Upvote 0

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice going!
Gold and diamonds are hard to beat.
Have fun!
Mike

OP
OP
D

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
artzstuff1 said:
Hey ,,,nice find there dave !!! sure would like to see a close up of that baby!!!
arthur

So would I, sadly the digital camera we have doesn't do to well with closeups, even with the macro setting engaged.

Semper Fi

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread