Had a toy gun goal for this year..... Dug a real one.

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Hello everyone. I had a very unusual find today. I was at a city park that I have not detected before. A man that lived across the street told me this park use to be a cemetery back in the early 1900's. He said they exhumed all the corps in 1920 and relocated them. After this conversation I was feeling a little funny about detecting here. I gathered up my detector, digger and pin pointer and headed for the car. Of course I was swinging on the way back to the car. :laughing7: The addiction is strong with this one. :laughing7: I hit a high possible silver signal and had to stop. I hit a very big tree root and my pin pointer nailed it right under the root. I dug out the sides and pulled a hunk of metal out of the ground. It took a minute to realized what I had in my hand. I said oh cool. My finally nailed my toy gun. I put it aside and rescanned my hole looking for that silver sound. It was the gun. I was so pleased to find this heavy duty toy and thought they dont make them like this anymore. Half way to the car I realized this was not a toy. It was caked in wet mud and the more I wiped off mud the bigger my eyes became. It is a .22 but I am told it may be a starter pistol. :dontknow: What ever it is there is a round in the cylinder. Truly goes to show, you never know what you will find.

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,387
  • gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,319
  • gun3.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,285
  • gun4.jpg
    gun4.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,262
  • gun5.jpg
    gun5.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,267
  • gun6.jpg
    gun6.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,301
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool dig. My hunting buddy Pulltab Otis dug this 9mm at the beach a couple months ago. We ended up with the police pickin it up, and confiscating it. It was wrapped in a dollar store bag under a few inches of sand.
:icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• DSCN0948.JPG
    DSCN0948.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 1,523

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
He won't do that again, will he? Did he get it back?
Newt

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newt said:
Newt

Would you want a weapon that was probably used in a crime???? :dontknow:

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
kuger said:
Newt said:
Newt

Even if it wasn't, he wouldn't get it back. I should've been clearer in that post.
Newt

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newt said:
kuger said:
Newt said:
Newt

Even if it wasn't, he wouldn't get it back. I should've been clearer in that post.
Newt

I guess it depends on where you are but that isnt entirely true.I have a rifle and a pistol that I found and after the Police had cleared them and they were not claimed,I had to register them and they are mine

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
kuger said:
Newt said:
kuger said:
Newt said:
Newt

Newt

I guess it depends on where you are but that isnt entirely true.I have a rifle and a pistol that I found and after the Police had cleared them and they were not claimed,I had to register them and they are mine

Exactly what I meant.
Newt

OP
OP
x.marks

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Thanks for looking. This truly was my find of the year so far.

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Looks like an early Italian Saturday Night Special

Must be 1950s/early to mid 60s. Just out of high school in 1964 I bought an Italian Intercontinental Dakota .357 magnum revolver. I think I payed $30 for it. During the mid 1960s the gun market was flooded with cheap revolvers made in Italy and Germany. Their frames were often made of zinc. I blew up an H&R .32 S&W Long revolver by hand loading cartridges for it using Keith type bullets and huge amounts of #2400 gunpowder producing .357 magnum ballistics. I threw what remained of the gun on the ground in what's now the Angeles National Forest above Los Angeles. Someone will find it with a metal detector some day and figure the guy that last shot it lost his hand. Nope,my hand's in fine shape. The cylinder and barrel burst but I did'nt get a scratch.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JuJu said:
Cool dig. My hunting buddy Pulltab Otis dug this 9mm at the beach a couple months ago. We ended up with the police pickin it up, and confiscating it. It was wrapped in a dollar store bag under a few inches of sand.
:icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
JuJu
Jeez.
Now I'm sure that one was used in a crime.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is an awesome find. It would be interesting to hear if it is a starter gun or a real one.

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Hey there x.marks that is a really cool find! and if you google brevettata model 999 it brings up some info, looks like it's a starter pistol, and maybe in a way that is a rarer find then a real pistol, has to be a lot fewer of those made then real ones, course on the other hand maybe more likely some kids could play with that, so....either way that is a cool find!

Chuck.

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Niiiiice, I have always wanted to find a beautiful handgun. The only thing i have found until now is a old flamethrower.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread