Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Mens White Gold Bracelet

Thats a heck of a chunk right there. You know how to beat a woman fishin don't ya? Leave her on the dock. lol :laughing9: :laughing9: Just kiddin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd guess that design from the 70's or 80's. :headbang:

Great find !! :icon_thumleft: :notworthy:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer

AWWWWWESOME find! Hey, lucky for you it's a mens bracelet Celtex, that means she's giving it to you, riiiiiiiiiiight...teehee :headbang:

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news :-\ but that bracelet is only gold plated. Im 100% sure.. Sorry for the bad news.. Look at the pictures you can see where the plating is coming off. And you can see the green on the clasp in the first pic. Still cool though.

OP
OP
C

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

FunWithTreasure said:
I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news :-\ but that bracelet is only gold plated. Im 100% sure.. Sorry for the bad news.. Look at the pictures you can see where the plating is coming off. And you can see the green on the clasp in the first pic. Still cool though.
I don't think so. They wouldn't mark it 14K if plated? It doesn't look plated and not a spec of "flake" anywhere on it. Gold plated stuff in our soil gets flaky very quickly. I'll get it checked to be sure. Thanks for concern and all the comments. Wife is calling it MY bracelet! :laughing9: So that is cool! :o

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008

celtex said:
FunWithTreasure said:
I don't think so. They wouldn't mark it 14K if plated? It doesn't look plated and not a spec of "flake" anywhere on it. Gold plated stuff in our soil gets flaky very quickly. I'll get it checked to be sure. Thanks for concern and all the comments. Wife is calling it MY bracelet! :laughing9: So that is cool! :o

I hope I'm wrong. I have gotten stuff marked like that but it was fake. But hey who knows. Let me know if I was right or wring when you get it checked out. Happy hunting

OP
OP
C

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I hope I'm wrong. I have gotten stuff marked like that but it was fake. But hey who knows. Let me know if I was right or wring when you get it checked out. Happy hunting

[/quote]
I sure will and thanks for the heads up.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

celtex said:
FunWithTreasure said:

I'm sorry, ::) I should have looked at the pictures closer. :-\ Now I have to be the bearer of bad news. :dontknow: Just because its marked 14k dose not mean it is 14k. :dontknow: Lots of counterfeit stuff, fake jewelry and garbage out there. :icon_thumleft: From the pictures I can see green and chipping of the plate. More so on the clasp in the close up you can see it clear as day. :o I'd have to say its plated but if your not sure have it tested at a jewelry store. :headbang:

Still cool to find !! :hello2:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE

Yeah, this greenish stuff looks pretty dodgy for gold :-[ Get it checked by a jeweller, though. Sometimes green or horn silver can be seen on sterling items if they spent some time in salty solutions. I do hope that it is of precious metal like gold plated silver.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California

"They wouldn't mark it 14K if plated?" Ever hear of Mexico? They do this sort of thing there on a regular basis, with not only sterling, but gold as well.
Also if it were solid 14K, it would have a more substantial clasp and certainly have some sort of safety fastener.

My guess is that this is plated.

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston

I've got a 14k bracelet just like the one pictured except mine is yellow gold. It has different patterns on the 2 sides so it can be worn either way and can look like a different bracelet. The one that I have was originally my uncles who liked buying good jewelry. I'm sure he bought it new. So I'm guessing it's 10-30 years old and is 14k.

Glenn

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston

Also, from what I remember the clasp on mine is just like yours. Mine is in the safe because it is a nice piece of gold. When I get a chance (maybe next week) I'll take some picture of mine including the clasp, 14k marking, both sides of the pattern, etc. and check the weight and post that info. and maybe that will help you. Maybe yours is just dirty and that's what people are seeing.

Glenn

OP
OP
C

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Glenn-RI said:
Also, from what I remember the clasp on mine is just like yours. Mine is in the safe because it is a nice piece of gold. When I get a chance (maybe next week) I'll take some picture of mine including the clasp, 14k marking, both sides of the pattern, etc. and check the weight and post that info. and maybe that will help you. Maybe yours is just dirty and that's what people are seeing.

Glenn
The other side has a dimpled look too is so I guess it could be worn either way. I'd love to see the pictures. Thanks all for input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread