Digging for nickels found some copper

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
I went to a local sports field today for 3 hrs. I decided I was going focus on finding nickels. I did find 12, one was a 1939. I also dug up a pure copper bracelet and a small silver bracelet and a few newer coins. My logic was, if I'm finding nickels, I'm not passing over gold rings. Well, no gold rings today, but I'm happy with my nickel percentage and the other finds.

Attachments

• bracelets.JPG
    bracelets.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0
R

Royal84

Great job on the nickels.......cool bracelets too.......keep up the good work. Royal

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice digs for a few hours out.The silver & copper bracelets are great finds.You hit those nickels pretty good so you're definitely not going to be missing much gold.
A sports field is a good site to pick up jewelery as shown by your finds.Hopefully the next piece you hit is GOLD! HH!

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
I want to see the pile of pull tabs too :) -- nice digs keep that up and the gold will come -- keep it up :)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job caratjuice! I know what you mean...never pass up a nickel signal. In tests with the DFX, gold rings can be anywhere from VDI 8 to 45, or more if they're huge. But, that's a lot of junk to dig if you dig everything in that range, especially since pull-tabs usually live between 22 and 44.

HH!
TBGO

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I also just started digging all strong nickel signals after having my girlfreind wave her gold ring under my detector & it showed as 5 cents. Im very new to this & have dug so many pull tabs that showed as nickels I stopped digging those signals, but as of yesterday will dig every strong signal. On yesterdays excursion I finaly pulled up my first nickel ever, it is dated 1960. A little disappointed that it isnt silver, (silver was used in nickels only during ww2) but now I know the buffalo's & gold wedding rings are right around the corner! Of course I'll have to pull a couple thousand pull tabs first, but the way I look at it Im getting rid of a lot of trash & getting a lot of practice in for the big moment! ;D

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very nice bracelets! You're soon to hit some gold! Nice little haul on the clad too!

Happy Hunting!
Moon

B

brz

WTG on the nickles, I always dig them also, lots of pull tabs. At the end of the year I will post a picture of my pull tab collection. Should be massive. Good luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread