EUREKA.!!! I found my FIRST GOLD RING.!!!

Ray-King

Hiya ALL,
Well I DID IT.!!!! I STRUCK GOLD.!!!!
My first GOLD ring and I'm over the moon about it.!!!
I LOVE this hobby.!!!
I had a couple of hours to kill before work so i went down to the new beach i've been going to for a few days now, where i've been having quite a bit of luck. Lots of Euros in change and my 3rd Silver ring too.
I was digging what i thought was the usual Ringpull and i got to about 4" and there it was.!!....... THE INFAMOUS RINGPULL. I was correct. I'm getting quite used to the signals on my Ace250 now, but as many people on here have said, " You need to dig a few ringpulls and trash to get to the TREASURE ".
Anyway, I bagged the ringpull for throwing away in the bins later but as usual i swung the searchcoil over the spot again just in case there was anything else i'd missed.
Low and behold there was still a strong signal coming from the sand and soil i'd dug out of the hole. I thought it was going to be the rest of the can or another bit of trash, So I ran my fingers through the soil carefully and there it was.!!!! Bright, yellow and as shiny as you like. I grabbed it and cleaned it and it came out just as you see it in the photo below.
I couldn't believe it.!!! i wanted to shout out " Eureka " but the thought of being in a padded Cell for the night didn't really appeal to me, so i held it in till i got back to the car.
While i was doing my armchair disco dance in the car, I think the people walking past me thought i was having a fit or something because i got a few funny looks, but i didn't care, i had found my FIRST GOLD RING.!!!!

I also found another ?4.60 in change which needs a good clean so i haven't taken a photo of that, but that brings my total Euros to just over ?35

My ring count is now, 1 GOLD, 3 Silver & 1 cheapie Toe ring.
God i love this hobby.!!!! Did i say that already.??? hehehehee. Guess i'm just a bit exited.
I love my ACE 250 too.!!! it's GREAT.!!

Anyway all the very best wishes to you all and i hope everyone else has just as much or even more luck than i've had in the last few weeks.
Take care all and happy hunting too,
From a VERY happy hunter,
Ray.

P.S.
By the way, it is a 14 Karat gold, Gents heavyweight Oval shaped Signet ring......... AND I LOVE IT.!!!
My Mum said " it fits ME.!!! " but i said SORRY, NO WAY.!!! it's my first gold, but i did tell her that IF i find a nice ladies diamond ring, then she can have that one instead.!!! of course she said " YEAH OK "

TTFN Byeeee for now.

Attachments

• First GOLD Ring - 14K.JPG
    First GOLD Ring - 14K.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0

captain ahab

Jan 4, 2005
colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Excellent ring and great story... yeah its funny how the "happy dance" takes over! Congratulations and keep after it!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congratulations on your first GOLDRay-King!! Awesome job!! Happy Dance Away!!! ;D ;D ;D

On a side note....Welcome to the forum George!! What a cutie! ;)

Happy Hunting!!

Moon

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...congrats..........
Looks really heavy...and solid ....I know the feeling when you hit a good one..hit mine last December !!!
Congrats again..and keep em comin !!!

HH

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hiya ALL,
Well thanks for ALL the congrats.!!! i still can't get over it but i'm nearly there.
I will be back to that GOOD 'ol' Beach in the next couple of days, so will keep you updated.
I did try another little stretch of that beach but a bit further round which is seperated by a huge Rock,but i think from what i was finding, it is the local Boozers beach.!! Coz all i found was a ton of ringpulls, wine bottle seals and beer cans. NOTHING ELSE AT ALL with the exeption of a 10cent piece. But i did get 2 hours or so of fresh air and exercise and an aching arm which is getting easier the more i go hunting.
Anyway, will keep you all informed of any more good finds as soon as they are made. NOT IF... but WHEN.!!! gotta think positive eh.!!!
Take care ALL and once again thanks for all the cheers and support. You lot are the best.!!!!
All the very best to you all and happy hunting too.
Ray.
P.S.
How do you think a DIAMOND ring would look on my posts.????? hehehehehehe I can wish.!!!! Byeeeeee for now.

bubbawadoo

Mar 14, 2006
Hi I am planning on a trip to S. Padre Island in abt a week. Any tips as to location, laws and such?

I know all Texas state parks and Federal parks are off limits but little else.

Live in Oklahoma.

Bubbawadoo

liverpoolfc

Oct 9, 2005
liverpool, uk
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus and a Fisher CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratulations on your first gold ring ray.
you get the same feeling everytime you find gold.
i've been to tenerife twice,
not detecting though,boozing only ;D

planning on going to benidorm to detect the beaches soon,
i'll let you know how i get on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread