Four Silver Day! three of them Are Barbers!!!! UPDATE! SEATED!!!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hi Everyone! went to a place I recently received permission to hunt. It has been hit before but not by a minelab!!!!!!!! I really love my 10x12 SEF coil, this thing sniffs out silver like a bloodhound. anyway, to make a long story short, 3 1/2 hours after I started hunting I wound up with these. an 1899 barber dime, an 1892 "O" Barber dime in super shape! it is the nicest barber I have ever dug! and a 1903 "O" barber dime, then i dug a 1941 Merc, and finally an 1888 Indian. everything except the penny was at least 8+ inches!!! the 1892 O was 8-9 inches down and I swear it was on edge!! I know this for a fact because I dug the hole wrong and when I was pinpointing I found it on the bottom edge of the hole and I wiped the dirt with my finger and I saw it still in place! anyway, this is my first three barber day!! just thought I would post something, I havent had any really super finds to post lately.

UPDATE: I went back for an hour or so yesterday evening( i only had about an hour and a half before dark) I had put on my 6 inch excellerator coil and went slow over ground I had already been over. I found several more indian head pennies, and a super nice 1895 "V" Nickel, I was headed back towards the truck(it was getting dark)and I thought I would just kinda swing while I walked when I got this super solid 00-29 quarter signal! the smartfind on my Explorer se was buried in the upper right-hand corner and I thought for a second "deep iron" because I was swinging kinda fast. I dug it and at about 6-7 inches was this gorgeous 1891s Seated Liberty quarter with all the late 1800's coins I am finding I am convinced there is going to be a gold coin there!!! I am going to keep updating this thread as i find more stuff. I am going again this evening. hopefully there will be a new post tomorrow.

Attachments

• church5.jpg
    church5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 492
  • ScannedImage.jpg
    ScannedImage.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,185
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,188
  • ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,183
  • ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,187
  • church5.jpg
    church5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 481
  • church5.jpg
    church5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 492
  • church7.jpg
    church7.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 479
  • church8.jpg
    church8.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Four Silver Day! three of them Are Barbers!!!!

nice pile of barbers!!! i was doing good to get 1 this week :D MR TUFF

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice silvers ,what a great hunt ! :icon_thumleft:

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice barbers! You just pumped about your machine or do you really know that you were the first with a minelab to detect the place?

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer

Hi, I am pretty sure I am the first to hunt this site with a minelab. everything I have found would not have been found with anything else. there was nails or old iron very close to all these finds, last week I found a slick Carson City Seated dime that had a large square piece of iron 1-inch from it! most everyone in my immediate area uses white's machines and usually you can bet if it is old around here someone has hunted it in the past! I'm not being boastful about minelabs, I used to use white's machines. I know what they are capable of, They make good machines, but these Minelab's just cannot be beat! if it is there, they WILL FIND IT!!!

p.s. if you will notice, the one dime has rust stains on both sides of it. There was several old rusty nails in the hole with it, and I still got a clear silver reading on my Explorer SE !!!!

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro

an all in all most excellent day getting a etrac asp

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Congrats on all the haircuts! I swing an Exp II, my buddy an XLT, he walks all over us with his White's, cause it's faster. ffd

mobile miner

Mar 10, 2010

I guess I`m going to give up on my old tector and go shopping. Great day you had. WTG :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Well done on the silvers, the SE loves silver. :icon_thumright:

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil

I used to swing a DFX, and it will with out a doubt pull dimes out of the ground over 9 inches down. I pulled a merc from a fairground with a DFX that was around 11 inches down, it only made a bleep....And i pulled several from 8 inches, i believe the difference between the E-trac i now use and the DFX is that you can slow down and really sort through the trash with a Minelab, as far as just plain depth XLT, DFX,'s and Minelabs will pull them out deep but the minelab will pull them out deep surrounded by iron....And it seems to me the target id is much better on the minelab than on the DFX...My DFX used to confuse small pieces of aluminum as silver, not the E-trac if its deep and silver its usually a no-brainer....Just my two cents...

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used

Exactly my Point Dave! That's what I love about the minelab machines. That is why you are seeing a ton of awsome coins being found lately, almost all other machines will discriminate out a good coin if it is too close to deep iron. for instance all of these coins I posted had iron very near to them or even in the same hole. the minelab's will still see the silver or even the copper. Most other machines will miss the coin because when you are discriminating out the iron they will also miss the nearby coin. that is how I knew the site I was at had been hit by other machines. I know several guys in my town who have hit every good site around starting in the 1960's! they are all diehard white's users and I even had a couple of these guys stop and talk to me to tell me I was wasting my time at this site because they had hit it many times and it was cleaned out. I did not say a word! LOL!!!! I just smiled and said "Just killing some time here and learning my machine" I know those guy's probably cleaned up on rosie's, mercs, etc. but I'd rather go slow and find the truly old stuff! Don't get me wrong, I think white's and all the other manufacturers make some great machines. It's just that we are in the 21st century and the Minelab machines (Explorer, E-trac, etc.) have the edge!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe

WOW ~ such nice finds! CONGRAT'S!!!

Gotta love them Barber dimes!

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250

Congrats on the Silver... Great Finds :icon_thumright:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great dimes :icon_thumleft: 3 Barbers are always welcome Minelab does make good machines but my DFX can basically do the same thing with the right custom mixed mode program if iron is right next to silver coins it only see,s the coin . Good hunt :thumbsup: Dd60

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great awesome Haul !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

CladMaster

Dec 25, 2007
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Explorer SE

Now that's one heck of a day! You found more barbers in one day than I have found in my life! GJ!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions