Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened my email to find a reple from the appraisor at Heritage Auction House on my ring , heres the email........

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your silver North African ring. I like that your ring has the image of Mercury off a United States dime. I’ve seen similar rings, also made in North Africa, with the palm tree and swastika of the German Afrika Corps. These were made by North Africans for sale to the soldiers; German, British, French, Italian, and American stationed there. The hallmarks appear to be pseudo-marks, put on silver jewelry to reassure buyers that they were actually getting a solid silver ring. These sell for between $25 and $50. I’m afraid that the value is below our consignment requirements. I wish we could be of more help. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please let me know.

Eric Smylie

Heritage Auction Galleries

There you have it folks now you all know just as much as I do on this ring , pretty cool huh .

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good of him to take the time to reply. I think many would give you a single sentence and that would be it. Still an interesting story to the ring, and easy to keep at that price!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STILL a banner find.

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
In my opinion its worth more than $25-$50,,,,I bet the guy that made it wouldn't take $50 or less for it. Sweet ring and still very high on my kewl beans factor list.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I strongly disagree with this appraisers estimate of $25 - $50! >:( This ring is very unique due to the fact that it is comprised of an American coin, that it was made halfway around the world almost 70 years ago and most importantly . . . it's a one-of-a-kind. This ring was proudly worn and brought back home by a US Serviceman sometime after WWII. I am of the opinion that this ring has far more meaning to it then to be simply written off as a travel souvenir of WWII! :icon_scratch: I truly believe that if this ring was put up for auction on eBay and the right people new about it . . . that it would sell for between $300 & $400! :headbang:

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad everyone still finds this a great find , it's still very cool an worth way more than what was given in the email . I had it appraised like everyone said an just wanted to share the results with everyone . AS for selling it I don't know , its a very cool ring an my first banner but then somebody may have something cool they want to trade I just cant live with out ;D but for now it is sitting here on my monitor looking at me an looking very cool .

HH Everyone :icon_thumleft: Tank

PS but if anyone is seriously intrested in it PM me

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought a higher monetary value also. Still a very cool find. :headbang: :headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's worth more to yourself as a find than the appraised value. Still a real nice keeper. :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thought those marks were made up (pseudo-marks), as it was so unlikely to have been assayed. :icon_thumright:

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
I wouldnt sell it,you may never find another one like it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions