We hunt in a new county and Bobbie finds gold on first signal

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
We detected in a new county today, one that we would generally consider to be on the edge of driving distance for a one day trip at a little over 2 hours in each direction. So armed with our site list of 8 sites and good directions we headed out at 7:30 this am. By the time we drug ourselfs home at 8:30 tonight we had hit 7 of the 8 on the list, had a great time and got royally lost on the way home. At least we got lost after we had finished detecting for the day, so no detecting time was lost ;D
At the first site Bobbie stepped in to the playground swung her detector and wham pulled up a 10k NC State Wolfpack pendent. She gets done in that play area, heads to the next one at the school and first signal there produces the silver ring.
We had another great day for clad again, Bobbie found $16.11 and I found $12.20, I also found thin silver ring today not in pictures. we both found quite a bit of costume jewlery.
tired and sore tonight
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF0695.JPG
    DSCF0695.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF0697.JPG
    DSCF0697.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 439
  • DSCF0696.JPG
    DSCF0696.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHHHH...might be tired and sore...but it sure looks like it was well worth it!!!

Glad you didn't loose out on any of that detecting time too! :D

Awesome as always you two!

;)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a great day you had, nice pics "MY THE LUCK BE WITH YOU"

TINPAN

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
looks like you were both "charmed " today! WTG Its nice to hit different areas even if you do get lost,part of the adventure!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet !!!!! Some nice areas in NC ....Have you ever hunted near the Raleigh area? very old......WTG

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Way to go guys....sounds like you had a great time. I chuckled when I read "we got royaly lost", I haven't used that term since the seventies. It was definitely a MOON thing to do ::)

Happy Hunting,
Moon

J

jpat

very nice finds. what county are you in in nc, I am in pender county.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
dave-enc said:
At the first site Bobbie stepped in to the playground swung her detector and wham pulled up a 10k NC State Wolfpack pendent.
dave+bobbie

she aims............she shoots..................she scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobbie's my hero

;)

M

mchamby

You two are awesome, you musta eaten lucky charms for breakfast as you seemed to be a charms magnet today. HH
Mchamby

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find's as usual you two...Do you mainly hit the schoolyard's or the roadside park's or a litlle of both?HH!!

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
thanks gang for the kind words, Seeker we do detect in Raleigh and surrounding areas every few monthes, we always have a good time when we detect out that way. it is though like this weekend sites kinda on the outer limits of our one day hunt drive distance as it is just under 2 hours there. jpat we are in martin county bout 40 min east of Rocky Mount. Civilman we hunt the normal places schools, parks, beaches, etc. I present the spots to bobbie and she will pick the ones she wants to hunt. With her family living in Michigan, and my family in Florida . We find ourselves detecting through out several states.
I know that having bobbie as my detecting partner has increased my finds substanially.
hh
dave+bobbie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobbie & Dave,

Awesome finds each time & Bobbie gets the prize. Plus enough clad for dinner at the Red Lobster. :o

HH ;)
RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread