goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, well, I got out to my "old faithful" of a park and started MD'ing. On the far side of a soccer court, which exists on an old barn/house foundation i believe, i got a solid gold hit on my Garret 750. The unmistakable glint of gold popped out of the hole. I first thought it was an earing, but, as it turns out, it was a solid gold ( based on the fact that the GP'ed part of the earing was corroded but the large base was not) pearl neckless enhancer(most likely). i found out that these were worn with pearl necklasses to enhance their beauty. The item is about an inch high and 3/4 an inch long. It is oblong in shape and has a weird mother-of-peal inlay. the inlay was held in by glue (very corroded) and had a good-sized hole drilled in the middle of it, obviously to hold something(which i didn't find).
This is my second solid gold find(the other was a diamond/gold pendent). The rest of the day was spent either looking at my gold or MD'ing. While Md'ing, I found a buck in clad, a Canadian cent, a nice-shaped bullet, and two dog tags.... still attached to the leash! The tags were several years old and were fastened to a steel collar, (hate to meet the dog that broke it!).

I'm going to spend most of my spring break at this park and drag some more goodies from the ground. The pics will arrive in a week(This includes all of the finds from my old car find on; will be a great show)

HH
-GC

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Got me some gold....

That's a great find...can't wait for the pics! Congrats on the gold!

HH!
TBGO

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got me some gold....

Now look at you GC!!!! :o

Sounds like you're doing great!!!

Looking forward to the pictures!

;)

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my hopes were dashed when i same that grey corrosion in the smallest of places after i cleaned it up. It is still a very nice old peice in very good condition for being lost several decades ago.

I should have know that someone who couldn't keep the farm couldn't aford a solid gold pearl enhancer

-GC

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
goldencoin said:
I should have know that someone who couldn't keep the farm couldn't aford a solid gold pearl enhancer
-GC

ya never know.
coulda been dropped by some carpet-type-bagger :-\
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread